UK Vogue March 2021 : Angelina Jolie by Craig McDean

Becomes even more obvious how Edward wants to be Anna. Not only with Angie here, but those editorial and cover choices. It reeks of some Testino-ish and Leibovitz-ish energy just minus the colour editing and retouching, especially that shot with the dogs, uncanny resemblance to US Vogue style.

Overall, a total disgrace to fashion fans with this dull content, and a total offence to the Vogue UK heritage. Looking at Edward's issues, I cannot even identify his style, everything is too different, cover subjects are all over the place, some musician and actresses of the moment mixed with iconic models, then some social and political figures, all Wintour-ish choices, but we know Anna picks the best, the most relevant ones, all the time it is someone at the top of their game right now.

I thought we were going to have actual identity for Vogue UK with Meisel, especially that his covers are the best and most memorable ones. M&M more or less worked too, especially their studio covers with Oprah, Taylor, and Irina, but all else fails, it is all over the place.

The only thing that saves this edition is that it is British and it has a lot of money - they can afford huge names to work with. The rest is a total mess with a lack of identity, it's the personal styles of photographers that work for Vogue UK save it.

give me back Alexandra shulman, you complained so much about her, for 25 years she made iconic covers, she had a 100% British identity, Edward's Vogue is all so forgettable, I'm happy to see Angelina Jolie but the covers are so boring

Aracic, do you also want Alexandra back? LOL. Did you forget her last 10 years? Lucinda's layered or utilisation edits in every issue, shot in a studio? Or McLellan's gloomy London stories? Or the 'model-free' issue with 'real women'? Life was an eternal winter in Alexandra's Vogue. she certainly had her good moments like the Kates - Moss, Upton, and Middleton. But for the most part it was uneventful and the magazine wasn't even on the fashion set's radar. Remember the times they couldn't get samples? Yeah, countless.

Maybe karma is messing with us. We only wanted a Vogue that was fashion-centric and could tower the international editions as it should since it's the 2nd/3rd most profitable of all the Vogues. We got that along with Meisel, but now it's simply too Americanised.

Aracic, do you also want Alexandra back?

Not at all! It's quite hilarious to me, now the magazines are so dull that people started to miss jumping Trentini, and editors we all collectively used to hate LOL I, for one, never hated jumping Trentini though, she was a moment. I'll agree that Alexandra, just like every other editor has had occasional hits with quite a few great covers and stories inside (I mostly miss her collaboration with Tim Walker if we're going to reminisce), but her last 10 years were undeniably bad and Enninful was a very welcome breath of fresh air at the time. Now that air has gotten stale, but he's still my only occasional fix of Meisel's editorial work (my personal favorite aspect of his tenure) and it would be blasphemous to say he hasn't had many hits of his own. The magazine may be boring and at times pretentious, but it's far from worst and there's always at least something remotely interesting inside. I'm glad that Alexandra is nowhere to be seen anymore.

LOL I, for one, never hated jumping Trentini though, she was a moment..

Imagine making this bold claim on 2007-era tFS. You'd be dragged to hell and back, lol.
But you're' right, it was a moment! I found her edits infuriating at first but when Vogue started to bring other models into the 'jumping' fold Edie, Anna and yes, even Natasha, and I saw how bad they were at it I almost started to appreciate her edits with Demarchelier/Testino

^ walking on thin ice with that kind of perspective! there's really no bottom when lowering standards.. you can keep settling while digging deeper as we encounter 'worse and worse' until we don't know what acceptable even means. Look at what that has done to the fashion industry.

Caroline for American Vogue was as one-dimensional as it gets... a budget, soulless parody of the joie de vivre models projected around 1992, because society in the early 90s made it easy and believable.. all the elements in the stories shot then were connected to what was happening and resonated with the way regular people saw fashion and its exuberant ('jumpy') offering. In a way, Caroline is a simple example to understand why Vogue looks the way it does now. Through arrogance or pride, or plain dinosaur-ism, Anna made the mistake many people who hold the same job position for way too long make: thinking that the formula you initially excelled at, which ended up securing your job for so long, and which you only possessed thanks to the fresh (outsider) perspective any new hiree has, will always work because it's your formula.. ignoring the external elements that made it work in the first place. By the time you realise you're jeopardising your own position and you need to absorb these external elements asap, it's too late and the result is inauthentic at best, and everyone can tell...

I know you guys mean moment figuratively but 'jumping' Caroline lasted about 11 years lol.. it truly represents a whole decade of opportunities to look around, read into the times and transition smoothly.. but instead, Vogue was a resting on laurels while making Carol-hide-the-pain jump the whole time.

give me back Alexandra shulman, you complained so much about her, for 25 years she made iconic covers, she had a 100% British identity, Edward's Vogue is all so forgettable, I'm happy to see Angelina Jolie but the covers are so boring

Yes, Alexandra Shulman had a 100% white British identity indeed. Which is probably the reason why she is a Daily Mail columnist now, much better fit for her.

The cover is ok, nothing special. A bit drab for a March issue.

UK Vogue March 2021

This Woman's Work

Photographer: Craig McDean
Stylist: Edward Enninful, Dena Gianini
Hair: Lorenzo Martin, Jacklyn Martinez
Makeup: Rachel Goodwin
Cast: Angelina Jolie and kids

UK Vogue Digital Edition

UK Vogue March 2021

Out of Office

Photographer & Stylist: Venetia Scott
Hair: David Harborow
Makeup: Janeen Witherspoon
Cast: Jean Campbell, Olympia Campbell, Maggie Cheng, Lola Nicon

UK Vogue Digital Edition

UK Vogue March 2021

She's All That

Photographer: Charlotte Wales
Stylist: Poppy Kain
Hair: Alex Brownsell
Makeup: Niamh Quinn
Cast: Alva Claire, Ajok Daing, Georgina Grenville, Effy Kaethner, Yasmin Le Bon, Lola Nicon, Marika O’Farrell, Sacha Quenby, Lara Stone, Marie Sophie Wilson Carr

UK Vogue Digital Edition

UK Vogue March 2021

The New Creatives

Photographer: Campbell Addy
Set Designer: Jabez Bartlett
Stylist: Poppy Kain
Hair: Issac Poleon
Makeup: Bea Sweet
Cast: Rafael Pavarotti, Nubya Garcia, Claude Adjil, Jawara, Gala Colivet Dennison, Faridah Abíké-Iyímídé, Babba C Rivera, Noah Jupe, Rina Yang, Shawanda Corbett, Maximilian Davis, Precious Lee, Morfydd Clark, Claude Adjil, Tishk Barzanji

UK Vogue Digital Edition

UK Vogue March 2021

Truth Be Told

Photographer: Chrisean Rose
Stylist: Donna Wallace
Makeup: Danielle Mitchell
Cast: Isabel Wilkerson

UK Vogue Digital Edition

UK Vogue March 2021

Vogue Trends: Pop! Pop! Pop!

Photographer: Scott Trindle
Stylist: Julia Sarr-Jamois