UK Vogue March 2022 : Naomi Campbell by Steven Meisel

Stunning! So happy to see Naomi back on British Vogue. It’s a really simple but striking cover - can’t wait to see this in person.

Naomi looks different, unlike herself. And though it’s a strong image, it also feels cold, for a portrait of a mother and child. I don’t like it, but I’m sure the internet will eat it up.

MUCH prefer the second fold-out cover, which is just stunning.

A little underwhelmed by the cover but she looks gorgeous. Can’t wait to see the full editorial

it also feels cold, for a portrait of a mother and child. I don’t like it, but I’m sure the internet will eat it up.
Everything’s kind of cold… the ‘she wasn’t adopted, she’s my child’ makes me feel like that is not her child lol. Or maybe she’s awkward and defensive about it, who knows. But anyway, I get what she means but adopted children are still their adoptive parents’ children….

Second cover with poc in the year? Won’t somebody please think of the white? *insert simpson’s gif* JK

Joke aside, both covers are beautiful. A MUST HAVE.
Btw, there’s something about the color of the fonts that don’t convince me at all (especially in the first cover)

So the rumors were true then. The March cover is indeed a supermodel with someone related to her.

Not a fan of the colors and the typography, but it's a clean photo.

Everything seems... off? Cover layout is not good, the text gets lost. The gray background is a snoozefest. They could've done something different. Cropping doesn't help either, could've been more zoomed in. I don't know, I feel like there are more misses than hits. Steven's autopilot mode is very frustrating.

Wow they finally work together again. So Meisel will work with Naomi again but not Kate Moss? Interesting. This is also her second March cover under Edward.

Anyway love both cover, the first one is very stoic, like a protective mother, almost painting like. And the editorial is good. So much better than Kristen x Meisel.

Beautiful image.

I do have some questions re the editing however, I don’t know if it’s just me but does her shoulder / right breast area not look like it’s but totally shrunken down? Almost like a horizontal slice has been taken out. Proportionally to me it’s off behind the baby.

I'm officially at the point where I struggle to get excited for these Meisel x UK Vogue covers. It's all too formulaic. The lighting, the retouching, the poses....it's like one long editorial from month to month. Never really bad, but not enough to make me catch my breath. Kristen was a moment for me, but only because it was Kristen.

As for Naomi, I enjoy her body of work but I don't think she's a great person and she always seems to be saying the same things in interviews lately. Consider me bored.

Everything’s kind of cold… the ‘she wasn’t adopted, she’s my child’ makes me feel like that is not her child lol. Or maybe she’s awkward and defensive about it, who knows. But anyway, I get what she means but adopted children are still their adoptive parents’ children….

Calling her a “mother figure” on the cover was certainly a choice as well. Who’s damn baby is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->