UK Vogue May 2009 : Daria Werbowy by Mario Testino

Love the cover!!!!!!!!!
Cant wait to see Daria's ed!

definitely great to see daria. the cover is lovely :crush:

Daria is glorious on the cover.Very may.

The cover is really lovely and fresh. Such a pity that there's no ed featuring Daria.
That's exactly how I want a spring cover to be: good lighting and a nice angle. Even though Natalia is stunning, her previous May cover was really bad. And the close-up didn't help either.
Angela's ed is very good, imo. It's so nice to see Testino working inside a studio again, I was kinda missing it, specially because of his contributions during the 90's. This ed also remind one from Numéro featuring Magdalena F.
The couture ed is also interesting, even though I'm not so into it. Perhaps it's so calm (there's already a calm cover, so I'd expect a higher profile from this kind of ed).

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm so happy daria got the cover. i just wish she was featured inside as well. :cry: i hate it when magazines do that. :doh:

thanks for all the scans everyone!

Daria! :heart: This is one sure fire way to get me to buy a magazine.

First of all, thanks a lot to all those who have scanned cover and eds from this issue. Overall, I'm not really impressed by it. The cover is nice but nothing special and the eds seem very dull to me. And being a huge Angela Lindvall's fan, I am really disappointed with her ed. All that make-up is simply horrible to me!

daria looks so utterly beautiful on this cover that i really don't mind the lack of creativity. my face was literally like this :shock: when saw it.
state of grace looks nice but it's just a natalia version of kate's october 2008 ed hope and glory, which was by chambers and testino, too...

I love the cover, especially that summery feeling in it... but the eds don't impress me

I love Daria and I love this cover, it's so simple yet effective and Daria really exudes confidence
The eds look good so far and can't wait to see more

Daria looks gorgeous on the cover, shame she doesn't have an editorial inside.

Love Angela's ed. I like that it's a studioshoot. If it was an outdoor shoot it would have been too much with the styling etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is UK Vogue doing their thing, giving us models - looking good but not great - in editorials that can be eccentric but not edgy, and it's all very nice, but sometimes not very exciting.

But this is the niche that UK Vogue occupies in the magazine world, so for me, to be disappointed in the magazine for being itself is to fail to appreciate what it does well.

That said, I let my subscription lapse and the April and May issues give me no real reason to resume it.... I always say, "nice isn't enough".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l3db3l
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"