UK Vogue May 2010 : Gwyneth Paltrow by Mario Testino

While the Vogue Italia April cover is 90s in a good way... this is 90s in a BAD way.

gwyneth never ceases to take a horrible cover shot
that has no life...she looks like she is saying

"Is this how the models do it?"

lifeless stare, ridiculous smirk... i don't know whether it was supposed to appeal... personally right now i wanna laugh and send a complaining letter to the editors of vogue uk.!

I really hate her expression. That smile .. Her eyes .. Ugh.

gwenyth paltrow gets on my last nerve; her cover is not cute. how is she still relevant? exactly. she's not.

the makeup does NOT suit her face at all! mixed with the colors and her ridiculous expression the cover is a disaster! ugh i hope the content is good but i'm not holding my breath...

gwenyth paltrow gets on my last nerve; her cover is not cute. how is she still relevant? exactly. she's not.
Gwyneth is one of the most gifted and talented actresses in Hollywood. Remember her roles in Great Expectations, Hush, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Possession, Sylvia, Proof, Infamous, Running with Scissors, etc. Oh God, her performances are always the best and Paltrow usually overshadows her colleagues.

The cover is really bad but the comments like that just drive me crazy.
she is so pretentious.
She is not. Her rank is well-deserved.

Iron Man 2 Iron Man 2 Iron Man 2, Just because editor's justify their insipid cover choices on dumb movies doesn't mean we at thefashionspot should as well. We're better than that= )

Ugh, I know her eyes are the worst part.

fee de foret said:
the makeup does NOT suit her face at all! mixed with the colors and her ridiculous expression the cover is a disaster! ugh i hope the content is good but i'm not holding my breath...

The make-up reminds me of the girls who I went to junior high school... amateurish ...

Extremely dated cover choice, crazy eyeliner, boring shot and a smirk. We exaggerate our complaints about how VP and VI are getting worse, but Vogue UK used to have imaginative yet mainstream enough covers.

Well, there are probably some people out there still interested in Gwynnie's macrobiotic diet or her newfound religion or her favorite pastime of namedropping.

The cover looks like it would be nice in real life, the palette is a bit off, I know it's for may but it feels more suited for the heatwaves of July or August, it has that kind of coloring you see when you need water. :P

I love how everyone's so worked up on Gwyneth though :lol:, the accusations of snobbery every time she gets a cover are always entertaining, I guess she really strikes a chord for some!. Not saying she isn't snobby or kind of pretentious or whatever, or a remarkable actress for that matter, but whenever I've seen her in interviews or shows (loved Spain, On The Road Again!), she also comes off as rather sympathetic and engaging in conversations and surprisingly easy to relate despite what the media says about her.. I don't think being a bit of a snob or having a funny attitude towards certain mundane things makes you automatically a detestable human being, at least she's honest about it, I know I'd sit through an interview with her instead of having to hear more omg I love everyone cause I'm such a girl-next-door crap from someone like Drew Berrymore or Kate Hudson. Not hating on them, I guess I just find uppity personalities with little time to sugarcoat and edit themselves much more realistic and easier to tolerate..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->