UK Vogue May 2011 : Natalia, Lara & Freja by Mario Testino

Reaction score

mediaweek

here's the accompanying article. sorry my connection's a bit slow today. perhaps a MOD can merge my posts.

Vogue gets Royal Wedding boost in May issue ad pages

Condé Nast has secured over a third more advertising pages year-on-year for Vogue's May issue, which will celebrate the Royal Wedding with multiple covers for the first time in the title's history.

The 382-page issue, which hits newsstands on Thursday (7 April), has 152 ad pages – an increase of 40 ad pages compared to last year's issue.

Vogue is offering readers a choice of three covers featuring models Freja Beha Erichsen, Lara Stone, and Natalia Vodianova dressed as brides. The images are shot by Mario Testino.

The issue carries the coverline "Catherine Middleton, the making of a modern princess" and looks back at the magazine's 95-year history of covering royal weddings.

Alexandra Shulman, editor of British Vogue, said: "We spent a great deal of time discussing what our tribute to the marriage of Catherine Middleton and Prince William should be, and we came up with a delicious confection of all things matrimonial, a portfolio of white fashion and a completely indulgent trio of bridal covers with Natalia Vodianova, Lara Stone and Freja as the figureheads for this commemorative issue."

According to latest figures from the Audit Bureau of Circulations, Vogue had an average net circulation of 211,277 for the six months to December 2010, which was up 0.4% year on year.
mediaweek.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
They all look a bit nuts. I can't with Lara's gormless expression and I really can't with UK Vogue doing multiple covers. Why can't magazines just put out one good cover?

Oh my! I did not expect this. Has Vogue UK ever done multiple covers before? From those small pics, I like the looks of Freja's best. Props to Vogue UK for using models on their wedding issue.

Don't like any of the expressions.
They couldn't get Kate so they put Natalia, Lara and Freja on the cover. :lol: I'm down with it.

Natalia is my favorite.

its quite similar to Kate's Baazar in terms of colour

I don't like it at all. What's that, the Wedding Issue or something?

Maybe I will change my mind when I see larger images, but as of now, none of them are all that great, Freja's is merely alright.

What is going on with their facial expressions? That's just awful. Like camern_kass said, they look nuts, and not in a good way.

Also I think the covers look bad in general. It looks like a cheap bridal magazine tbh.

Yeah, the expressions are a bit off.

Freja's still ok and the best, but why does Lara look so confused?

Their expressions do look odd, however I usually find Vogue UK covers look better irl so I'll reserve judgement until I have a copy!

when i was read the title I was so excited, I thought Vogue UK gonna put them together in one frame, but after I saw it, well I'm kinda dissapointed...hate their expression esp. Lara, she looks horrible here. Freja looks best IMO

I was hoping for one cover with all of them on it, too. I don't love any of the covers. Freja's is nice but I only like it because it's her, I guess.

Review:

True Romance

Models : Natalia, Lara and Freja (their covers without text)
Photographer : Mario Testino
Stylist : Lucinda Chambers

Wedding Belles

Models : Arizona Muse, Krisi Pyrhonen, Madelene De La Motte, Irina Berezina, Karmen Pedaru and Fei Fei Sun

White Mischief

Models : Agyness Deyn
Photographer : Tim Walker
Stylist : Kate Phelan

Clean Cut

Models : Karmen Pedaru
Photographer : Ben Weller
Stylist : Miranda Almond

Forget Me Not

Models : Hannah Holman
Photographer : Tim Gutt
Stylist : Kate Phelan

Review:

Wedding Belles

Models : Arizona Muse, Krisi Pyrhonen, Madelene De La Motte, Irina Berezina, Karmen Pedaru and Fei Fei Sun
Wow, that sounds like an amazing cast. Can't wait to see that editorial! Thanks for the review!

Reading the title, I thought it was going to be some fantastic group shot, a mix of the attitude each model has, playing off each other but still strong in their own right.
Posted via Mobile Device

OMG, I really hope that no bride look like them ... because none of them seem happy and nobody conveys serenity and comfort in those shots....
horribles covers!

and the worst ->Freja (Dios mio!!!)...the simple fact to see her dressed as a bride ...almost makes me vomit:yuk:...nonetheless, she looks the best looking, imo:ninja:

Thanks for the review=)

i can´t belive : Laras cover - it is for real? :wacko:

Natalias cover is marvellous :wub:

I find these covers really funny. I dont kow why. I actually laughed. Could be thiers face expressions. Especially Natalia and Lara. I like Freja's cover eventhough I'm a fan of Natalia and Lara.

Review:

Wedding Belles

I dont like the cast. I want to see well-known models. I dont like new faces. Arizona Muse is fine but others are a bit boring. Love to see Feifei in British Vogue anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->