UK Vogue May 2022 : Lila Moss by Steven Meisel

Actually they did more covers for US Vogue than Italian Vogue. Also there several campaigns for Calvin Klein. After '99 there's no magazine or ad with these two involved. I refuse to belive they fight. Steven didn't worked with Gisele from 2003 (or 2001, don't remember well) to 2010. Look at Shalom in her Versace campaign or Kirsten Owen for VI October 2011. Sometimes they work together again or not. He never worked again with Cindy Crawford after 1995. Same case with Claudia Schiffer. He stop to shoot lots of girls. But he has his favorite muses, like the trinity, Amber, Kristen McMenamy, etc. I'm sure all these girls has some respect/love for him and his team, even after so long. You can see this on the Instagrams of his past muses. Also I love when he photographs girls that never worked with him, like Sophie Wilson or Carolyn Wolter. Steven is the photographer that any model wants to work with, it's any girl goal.
Kate and Meisel have a problem. I saw an interview that she says about hating work with him.

The cover is ok & the preview of the ed is quitely striking. I agree with @justaguy, these pics reminds me the iconic Richard Avedon's portraits of US Vogue from the 60's & 70's.

Without the name “Meisel” would you guys still like it? Think about it.

Very likely yes, if the results were the same. The name brings quality with itself and although there are many solid studio photographers these days, Meisel's work stands out and is instantly recognisable. Ethan James Green and Rafael Pavarotti owe half of their success to Meisel's studio techniques. It clearly works! So why wouldn't we like it?

I can't sleep after the surreal d*ck dress. They should crop that picture. Thank God you didn't make photoshop as Jessica Chastain's Vogue cover (that hurt me because I love that one!).
Thanks @mikel for the information! I have those eds but I forgot them. I was thinkg more about the covers than the eds, how silly I am.

They did once or twice. As far as I know, there's no specific issue or reason why they didn't work together more...I really think it just boils down to them not having chemistry. You can see it in their pictures...it doesn't click and there isn't any magic.
But I love her 1995 Vogue cover by Steven meisel

But I love her 1995 Vogue cover by Steven meisel
There’s no debate that their work together is attractive - it’s almost impossible to take a bad picture of Kate! But you have to admit that their pictures together don’t have the same impact and magic as, say, his endless collaborations with Kristen McMenamy.

Just stick a pacifier in her mouth to complete the baby-fetish. Sheesh.

I agree, I cannot emphatically state how much I hate, hate, hate, this cover. I'm sorry if I sound dramatic!! I actually think it's revolting. It just makes me want to open my window and shout "ENOUGH!!!"

We might also have a subscribers cover to look forward to...

The cover doesnt look bad but I dont know if its well deserved. I suspect the new breed of nepo models is going to make us wish for the Jenners and Hadids.

I love Meisel! This is very interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->