UK Vogue November 2019 : Jourdan Dunn by Nick Knight

So, is this the infamous theme issue mentioned at Cover Rumor Thread weeks ago?
Yes. There should be more covers but who knows if they decided to just go with Jourdan last minute.

Review - 241+ Pages.

GRUB GOTT AUS BAVARIA
Model: Eva Herzigova
Photographer: Juergen Teller
Stylist: Venetia Scott
14 Photos

ELLA ENCHANTED
Subject: Ella Balinska
Photographer: Craig McDean
Stylist: Grace Coddington
7 Photos

FADE TO GREY
Models: Fran Summers, Selena Forrest, Tash Ogeare & Kerolyn Soares
Photographer: Kristen-Lee Moolman
Stylist: Poppy Kain
10 Photos

A CERTAIN ROMANCE

Models: Jourdan Dunn, Lineisy Montero, Duckie Thot, Anok Yai, Tami Williams, Shanelle Nyasiase,
Adwoa Aboah, Joan Smalls, Ugbad Abdi & Winnie Harlow
Photographer: Nick Knight
Stylist: Edward Enninful
12 Photos

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE ROME

Model: Mica Arganaraz & Selena Forrest
Photographer: Angelo Pennetta
Stylist: Julia Sarr-Jamois
5 Photos

EXECUTIVE REALNESS
Model: Vanessa Moody
Photographer: Matt Easton
Stylist: Dena Giannini
5 Photos

+ Felicity Jones and Eddie Redmayne by Luigi & Iango and the subscribers cover is just the same as the newsstand but with less text!

Personally, I feel like it's real progress if we can have a magazine that has a cover and content mostly led by black models - and to not make a big deal about it.

On one hand, I am surprised that Edward isn't employing his usual hyperbole to draw attention to the issue. On the other hand, surely the bigger picture - the ideal - is for magazines to reach the stage where all of this is seen as normal, and by doing just that, he's delivering.

The only thing that remains is to see how many images there are inside we wish had ended up as alternative covers...

Yes. There should be more covers but who knows if they decided to just go with Jourdan last minute.

Maybe after Lindbergh's pass, they wanted to remain their september issue as the "must have issue of the year".

Wait so that's... it? That's the big iconic issue? God, that's lame. It's not even an entire issue, it's a 12-pictures-long editorial....

HQ Subscribers Cover:

SCAN BY VOGUE28

I really am against Subs covers. There should only be ONE cover. Thats it.

10 models, 12 pictures....who will get an OG shot and who wouldn't? Never get the point of these big cast edits. Numéro did the same.

Only looking forward to the Rome and Germany stories. Such a show-off to run two travel edits in one issue, even if those locations aren't exactly exotic nor interesting.

Also was there a last minute decision to change the theme? I thought this was another VI moment? The eds don't feel like there's an overall theme.

Also was there a last minute decision to change the theme? I thought this was another VI moment? The eds don't feel like there's an overall theme.
Apparently, cause i know for sure Joan also had a cover, so they must have changed their minds and give the spotlight to the british model.

There is nothing, of course, inside the issue to suggest the other girls were getting a cover and dropped last minute. None of their images are cover-worthy, at least. They do, however, have a small bio next to their photo.

Before 'A Certain Romance', Jourdan has a two-page interview (featuring one photo which I'm sure was considered as a cover option and another which can be seen on Vogue's website already). After Jourdan's feature, Knight's photos continue with the remaining girls only getting the one photo.

Finally! Miss Dunn scores a long overdue Vogue UK cover. Jourdan, Knight, and co have done a truly lovely job here.
Wow, she never had a cover? Suppose I shouldn’t be surprised because Alex Shulman.

^She did have her first UK Vogue in 2015 under Shullman's reign.

I absolutely adore this cover, she looks so good!

^
Her first Vogue UK cover was november 2008 with Rosie and Eden.

The cover story is next-level catalog cheap, with some cut and paste job Annie Leibovitz could do better asleep. Budget is really tight I guess

So excited for her
But she is more beautiful than that cover

A Certain Romance

Photographer: Nick Knight
Stylist: Edward Enninful
Hair: Jawara
Makeup: Val Garland
Manicure: Marian Newman
Cast: Jourdan Dunn, Lineisy Montero, Duckie Thot, Anok Yai, Tami Williams, Shanelle Nyasiase, Adwoa Aboah, Joan Smalls, Ugbad Abdi, Winnie Harlow

UK Vogue Digital Edition

Grüss Gott Aus Bavaria

Photographer: Juergen Teller
Stylist: Venetia Scott
Hair: Gary Gill
Makeup: Stephanie Kunz
Cast: Eva Herzigova

UK Vogue Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members