UK Vogue October 2020 : Emma Corrin by Charlotte Wales

if has this obvious 80’s appeal (Diana married Charles in 1981) which is a not so subliminal message but, nevertheless, smart IMO, so the ODLR volumed gown does the job perfectly.
Yup.. she looks good, considering how awful everyone looked back then (my mother and her buddies included) and the extra light achieves the same atmosphere you get with photos from back then, sort of blurry, cheesy, exhausting-looking, I don't even know.

I am so excited for the new season. I don't really care about this cover, I don't buy magazines of any kind. Just.. release it already. :zorro:

LOL Edward does have a sense of humour and is clearly trolling everyone with the cheap hideousness of it all, looking like it was wrangled together by 12yos with absolutely no sense of composition and layout skills on Windows 95. (...I sort of love it.)

There's something that makes me come back to it. Or maybe since this is the first cover in months that Edward has produced that is not driven by the pandemic. There's something nostalgic about it that I like. Although I wonder if a close up shot would've worked better since the actress is not known by many.

I love how vintage-y that cover is. Though she looks small on the cover,
I could easily forgive it.

The image reminds me of 80s rom-com films starring Molly Ringwald.

And does this confirm that Vogue editions really moved their big fashion issues to October due to
their "Hope" concept this month?

God awful cover.

What on Earth is happening with the type and layout? It’s so bad. An absolute eye-sore all round.

The previews? It's like Petra Collins forced to do posh. Well let me just put it this way, if you loathe Harper's, looking your Miss Dalloway and Melancholybaby, then I can't imagine you'll like this. It's even more literal than Harper's. Wow, don't know what happened with Charlotte!

Also, this actress is supposed to portray Diana? Doesn't look anything like her. I'm more keen to see Gillian Anderson's transformation as Maggie Thatcher.

Edward should have asked Emmanuelle to do the 80’s Diana thing! She is the best when it comes to 80’s...

That cover is a mess and the layout makes it worse!

The previews? It's like Petra Collins forced to do posh. Well let me just put it this way, if you loathe Harper's, looking your Miss Dalloway and Melancholybaby, then I can't imagine you'll like this. It's even more literal than Harper's. Wow, don't know what happened with Charlotte!

Also, this actress is supposed to portray Diana? Doesn't look anything like her. I'm more keen to see Gillian Anderson's transformation as Maggie Thatcher.

Yeah, I don't like the previews, but honestly, that portrait does look like something out of 80s Vogue, it isn't just the usual god awful HB that i see here. Somehow the cover doesn't bother me as much (bad art direction asaide) as the previews. I really wonder how UK Vogue is selling, like who would want to buy this?

I wonder if The British Media is going to try and push Emma Corrin as The UK's Next British It Girl ?.

Honestly I could see it, especially with Sienna Miller and Alexa Chung now being in their late and mid 30's.

Also I know Emma has already become fast friends with Miu Miu.

still it will be interesting to see whether or not the public will latch on to Emma like the public did with Sienna and Alexa.

I think this wouldve worked better if it was released when The crown is streaming. Nobody cares about her... YET

I might be the only one that loves it. It's very cliche almost a comical take on the 80's and am here for it! Maybe a model would have rocked the concept better but this is still more fun than many of the stuff we have been seeing. I guess its also the new September issue since it says ''The big fashion issue.''

tbh I thought I&V shot this bc of how tacky it is LOL

Well I don’t see The Crown or anything royal
I see an overgrown Millie Bobby Brown in a Stranger Thing sequel when no one wants it anymore
In one way or another I think it is somehow humorous just lack of bit of quirk to make it into London Life kinda humor which I love

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirrormodel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->