UK Vogue October 2022 : Timothée Chalamet by Steven Meisel

I don't find him attractive. Not even in a peculiar Brad Dourif way.
And these portraits are not flattering.
This is just another actor acting like they're a model.
I wish these editors would put their ego aside, stop trying to be 'ground-breaking' and creating 'firsts'.
Just give me something to be enamored of.

It's hilariously bad but the SM crowd will eat this up so Edward can be content.
I hate the uni brow. His facial expressions are cringe worthy.
I am also sick of celebrities pretending to be models. Nowadays every cover has to mean something. First man, first 100 year old, first obese model, bla bla bla. People who actually buy magazines don't give a f*ck.

And Tom Daley is on the cover of Cosmo UK. *Insert dead emoji*

Why putting a male celebrity on a female fashion magaine...
Doesn't Conde Nast UK launch VOGUE MEN stuff?

LOL, Meisel and Karl Templer did this (better) for Interview in 2017, which was a spin on what Meisel did (best) with Sean Bohary for Per Lui in 1986. They're officially out of ideas and couldn't seem to care less.
img-slick_135726265770-987x1000.jpg tumblr_oebpjcmPuE1qaqv3ro1_1280.jpg
interviewmagazine.com; teenagedirtstache.tumblr.com

My biggest complaint about fashion magazine / print media is how ugly it all is.
But I felt loathed to disparage a model's looks but now I can say loudly this cover is unappealingly ugly ~ the joke's on us!
Over the years I have stopped buying magazines one by one & now UK Vogue bites the dust IMHO.:ninja:

i have mixed feelings....it was fun to see a couple of pics styled like a young Meisel actually...
but the messy dirty hair it doesn't look good.
Wish there were more color pictures.
I'm not shocked but also i don't hate it like most people here.

This week, french actor Louis Garrel is on the cover of Madame Figaro, no big deal

I think the 2nd b&w cover would have worked well for a Vogue Hommes cover or something but I like it!

Condé’s insistence on this constant “breaking gender norms” glaze on everything is getting tired and played out though at this point.

Dafuq is this?
After Call Me By Your Name, I haven't kept track of Timothée so I don't know what his antics have been ever since (his co-star in the movie, on the other hand, is a different story). Looking at this from a purely cover and editorial standpoint, all I was able to say is, "Huh?"

Here's what you'll be getting if you're a UK Vogue subscriber :wink:

Source: ebay

s-l1600.jpg

^No tote bag or lipstick?! It’s not worth the money…

They should have pulled a Versace Fall 2004 Mens campaign look with him over this. He doesn’t pull off this look with conviction and looks dreadful in most of the hair styling.

Or just get Maneskin for the shoot. They would have fit this so much better.

I got my subscription copy today and it is indeed the cover Kenny has posted above. I know I'm always complaining about subscriber covers, but I wish that if they're going to give me the newsstand shot they'd just give me the full version of the cover - it feels unbalanced with the other headlines simply deleted like that.

The cover is actually a fold out with the other picture being the same setup and outfit as the main shot, except that Timmy is smiling in it and somehow manages to look simultaneously 18 and 45. It just has his second name printed along the bottom, following on from the 'Timothée' shown on the front. The whole thing feels unnecessary but I guess Dior took out a fold-out advertisement on the reverse so this is what they came up with to accommodate it (I'd have preferred the b/w shot personally)!

Review
282 pages

Man of his Time
Timothée Chalamet by Steven Meisel
14 pages including article.
A couple of extra shots not posted yet. One in full colour with the same backdrop as the cover - it's a vertical shot but flipped over on its side so it runs across a double page spread. It looks like a cover try and would have made a much nicer one I think. There's also a nice black and white shot with his hair flattened down (and wet?) so it looks longer - it's lovely.

True Grit
Various models by Karim Sadli
Styled by Joe McKenna
12 pages including title page.

Don't hate me, but once again I don't know model names! Nice typical autumn shoot, the theme is "grown-up grunge". Shot in parks with shots on picnic tables, by a river, on a park slide etc.

Nowstalgia
Imaan Hammam and Sora Choi (+ others) by Nadine Ijewere
Styled by Gabriella Kareea-Johnson
14 pages.

Mainly Imaan and Sora, but with a couple of shots featuring more models. Retro 50's (?) American kind of feel. Shot in gas stations and cars with a mix of studio as well.

Nouveau in Town
Hoeyon Jung, Chloe Grace Moretz, Renate Reinsve, Gemma Chan, Phoeve Dynevor and Eileen Gu (+ portrait of Nicolas Ghesquiere) by Gregory Harris
Styled by Dena Giannini
8 pages including article.
Feature on Louis Vuitton's latest collection, each lady has a page. Feels very much like it'll be shared content. Half of the shots are on rooftops and the others are in a studio.

She Walks in Beauty
Lila Moss by Sean Thomas
Styled by Tabitha Simmons
6 pages.
Lila photographed in the countryside in the same Miu Miu boots throughout, styled with different outfits. It's cute, feels a bit Harper's Bazaar UK.

+ features on Gigi and her cashmere line, Marina Hyde, Emilia Wickstead and Olena Zelenska. Plus a spotlight feature on six Ukranian designers.

I've only had a quick flick through, but there's also the usual front-of-book sponsored content with various beauty and fashion shots too :flower:

-

Overall it seems like a nice issue, and it feels substantial enough, but it's nothing groundbreaking - it's more something you'd flick through on an autumnal weekend afternoon rather than one to save forever.

Last edited:
I want to see how looks the fold-out. So weird it wasn't posted yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"