UK Vogue September 2011 : Freja Beha Erichsen by Mario Testino

I think people forget because it's been really quite bad over the recent years that once upon a time British Vogue was a really great, strong publication, and once was truly driven by fashion. It's just lost its way quite badly recently.

While I absolutely adore the editorial, too, I really don't see how any of the shots would have worked as a cover. I'm glad they went with a separate shot for the cover, even if it's not a spectacular cover for a September issue.

Can't wait to get this issue ^_^

Maybe not one of the shots in the editorial but I'm quite sure they'd have lots more choice...the cover they went it is so vanilla and so much like everything else in the stands it doesn't stand out one bit...while a cover from this editorial was bound to pop immediately!

No. I'm pretty mad about that to be honest. Newsstand copies are going to all come with a DVD, however subscriber's copies will not.

what?! :angry: why?? i don't understand them, really. all their loyal subscribers (me included) will be angry they are not getting this, i mean, what's the point of having a subscription then? i'm so disappointed, and most likely won't extend my subscription again.....

i hate that the dvd isn't with it. i am so annoyed. there is a preview on their facebook page and it looks really good :(

Considering that my subscription issues of Glamour came with every cover mount, no matter how inconvenient the shape was for posting, is it that difficult for Conde Nast to ensure loyal readers of Vogue receive a CD? I might not be one of them any more, but I remember how annoying it was when Bazaar skimped on sending them with the subscription I had at the time. Maybe they presume you are a captive audience... one that can cancel at any time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quite a few people have asked about it and Vogue had this to say:

We have many offers for subscribers only, including discounts and free beauty product samples, but this is a one-off gift for those who buy the magazine at newsstand and pay the full price.

Look what we could have had!! :P

screenshot20110802at192.png

(I made this as a joke, Mods dont be hatin on me. :cry:)

Part of MASTER CLASS in Original Quality

I wish we could have every editorial as direct-feed images.

vogue.co.uk via peaceandnoise.tumblr.com

This is so frustrating when does it hit UK newstands? Is the Galliano piece any good? Would be interested to see their stance on the subject.

It's on newsstands in London today. It's a shame the DVD wasn't available to subscribers, they seem to have done it nicely. Little fold out wallet for it featuring the Burberry finale.

The Galliano article is a series of older images and a profile on his career, what happened etc. There's really nothing new there that I haven't already read.

we must be a little slower down south, it just sounds like such a good issue I can't wait to get my hands on it.

freja's ed is quite good but her expression doesn't live up to the ed.

I don't know, her expressions make sense for the art period they are portraying.

On newsstands, the issue comes wrapped with the DVD glued to the cover. I haven't gotten around to watching the feature. Although I doubt it's anything worth complaining about, I'm certain most of the material is available on their site.

Freja and Arizona's editorial does nothing for me, I find the entire concept banal. The photos look like some reject Chanel campaign by Karl Lagerfeld. I'm head over heels for Anja by Josh Olins, I adore the entire edit, the images are unbelievably strong in print. Karmen's edit is very compelling, the blonde wig is realistic, and I like the layout of the photos too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->