UK Vogue September 2019 : The ‘Forces for Change’ by Peter Lindbergh

This is pure garbage. Edward is absolutely talentless.

These people are so delusional...acting like they’re selfless angels for making this cover. Their egos are showing. Big time.

As I’ve said before, Edward will forever be the Jamba Juice sipping wimp in the September Issue. What a fraud.

Duchess of Sussex Takes Charge of British Vogue’s September Issue

Meghan Markle has put women including Jane Fonda, Jacinda Ardern, Greta Thunberg on the cover of “Forces for Change” issue.

By Samantha Conti on July 28, 2019

hrh-the-duchess-of-sussex-photo-online.jpg

LONDON — The Duchess of Sussex has taken control of September’s British Vogue, dedicating it to 15 “fearless women,” including Jane Fonda, Jacinda Ardern, Greta Thunberg and Salma Hayek Pinault, in an issue dubbed “Forces for Change.”

The duchess is the first person to guest edit the September issue of the title: It includes a conversation between her and former U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama, and an interview by Prince Harry with the ethologist and primatologist Dr. Jane Goodall.

This is the second time that Goodall is grabbing the spotlight this summer after taking a featured role in Stella McCartney’s fall ad campaign.

“These last seven months have been a rewarding process, curating and collaborating with Edward Enninful [the title’s editor in chief] to take the year’s most read fashion issue and steer its focus to the values, causes and people making impact in the world today,” said the duchess, Meghan Markle.

“Through this lens I hope you’ll feel the strength of the collective in the diverse selection of women chosen for the cover as well as the team of support I called upon within the issue to help bring this to light. I hope readers feel as inspired as I do, by the ‘Forces for Change’ they’ll find within these pages.”

The 15 women appear in a grid on the cover, with the 16th panel supposed to be a mirror for the reader’s reflection.

The list of featured women includes Adwoa Aboah, mental health campaigner and model; Adut Akech, model and former refugee; boxer Ramla Ali; Ardern, prime minister of New Zealand; Sinead Burke, diversity advocate and lecturer, and Gemma Chan, the campaigner and actor.

The others are Laverne Cox, the LGBTQIA+ advocate and actor; activist and actress Fonda; Hayek Pinault, the women’s rights advocate, actor and producer; Francesca Hayward, Royal Ballet principal dancer; Jameela Jamil, body positivity advocate and actor; Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, author; Yara Shahidi, the founder of Eighteen x 18 and actor; Thunberg, climate change campaigner and student, and Christy Turlington Burns, founder of Every Mother Counts and model.

The issue hits newsstands on Aug. 2.

Enninful described the Issue as the magazine’s most important edition of 2019.

“To have the country’s most influential beacon of change guest edit British Vogue at this time has been an honor, a pleasure and a wonderful surprise,” he said. “As you will see from her selections throughout this magazine, she is also willing to wade into more complex and nuanced areas, whether they concern female empowerment, mental health, race or privilege.”

It is understood that Markle approached Enninful directly about contributing to, and coediting, the issue, which is traditionally one of the biggest of the year in terms of pages and advertising. She was apparently no slouch during the process, which began in January: She worked on the flat plan, selected and commissioned the writers and photographers, and generally thought and acted like an editor.

Enninful said from the beginning, “we talked about the cover — whether she would be on it or not. In the end, she felt that it would be in some ways a ‘boastful’ thing to do for this particular project. She wanted, instead, to focus on the women she admires.”

The duchess’ sister-in-law Kate Middleton appeared on the cover of British Vogue’s centenary issue in June 2016, and Princess Diana appeared on the cover of the magazine four times, in 1981, 1991, 1994 and 1997. Diana also featured on the cover of Vanity Fair in 1997 as part of a shoot by Mario Testino.

Enninful described the 15 women as having a “laudable impact in recent times, and who are set to reshape society in radical and positive ways in the future. The duchess believes British Vogue’s readers are part of this moment too. As a result, the 16th spot on the magazine’s cover is a mirror to include the reader and encourage them to use their own platforms to effect change,” he said.

WWD

“To have the country’s most influential beacon of change guest edit British Vogue at this time has been an honor, a pleasure and a wonderful surprise,”

How is Meghan suddenly UK’s most influential beacon of change? Even more than Kate who has been around longer than her? Also, this is such a dismissive statement to british activists (male or female) who were there longer than her.

Edward hyping her up to make him look good and all mighty, powerful, and influential is just pathetic.

And that article is cringe worthy. The amount of NAME DROPPING it has. Yikes.

Former US First Lady Michelle Obama
Prince Harry
Greta Thunberg
Dr. Jane Goodall

I don't feel any forces, at best it looks like muted forces.
Most of the time a good cause and fashion don't go well together, because most of the time fashion can't be taken that seriously.
And where is the fashion? It is Vogue isn't it?

I like the idea and the concept, I have no issue with Meghan being guest editor at all but sadly the execution of it all just isn’t there for me.

Together these images make a weak cover. Individually I’m sure we would have had something stronger. I’m never a fan of collage covers sadly. It makes me think of Alex’s montage anniversary cover of past shots.

This is very much how I feel about it. I want to root for Megan as the first guest editor in Vogue UK's history and I think Edward has been doing a fine job this year with the magazine, but this is just.. not there.

Speaking generally, I'm tired of fashion magazines pretending to be college course reading material for a entry level social studies exam.

Forget actual clothes, the fashion now is all about having the correct views.

Some people opt for lip fillers, others fall in with the trend for lip service.

And the magazines who addressed these issues when it wasn't fashionable... are no longer in print.

If you're deeply affected by the reflective square/mirror on the cover which is obviously meant to inspire you to feel like you too could accomplish as much as this women, perhaps it's time to question exactly why you feel that way. Stop bowing to societal pressures and celebrate yourself! Also, stop being so serious. Relax, it'll help with the wrinkles.

Finally, the daily mail garbage is following the typical, abusive, and racist attack on Meghan's every move. Imagine a woman giving up HER face on the cover of a magazine (I'm sure that's what they wanted), to have other women celebrated and still trying to make it seem like she's doing it solely to boost her ego. REALLY!?

Some of the members in this forum act exactly like the bile-filled British press where Meghan Markle is
People are seriously so offended by this cover? Sure, stylistically, it could have been executed better, but what is so awful about a collage of women who have in their own ways, effected some kind of positive change?

If you're deeply affected by the reflective square/mirror on the cover which is obviously meant to inspire you to feel like you too could accomplish as much as this women, perhaps it's time to question exactly why you feel that way. Stop bowing to societal pressures and celebrate yourself! Also, stop being so serious. Relax, it'll help with the wrinkles.

It seems to have not crossed your mind that not everyone is looking for validation. Much less from something as purely superficial as fashion magazines. This very millennial idea that everything needs to be “relatable” or your feelings may be hurt, thereby lowering everything to a common denominator is totally meaningless to a lot of people.

Said that there is no circumstance in the world when it acceptable to quote the Daily Mail, much less that racist, sexist, homophobic hate filled and all roung disgusting woman that is Jan Moir. She’s being bullying Meghan Markle for day one, everything she says is part of an agenda that sprouts from that cesspit that are her views. If you care about decency Your personal opinion of Meghan( i personally cannot stand the royals) should not mean that it’s ok to endorse that horrible woman.

And the magazines who addressed these issues when it wasn't fashionable... are no longer in print.

Mirabella, Jane, Rookie, and to a lesser extent, Mademoiselle...........

Do you want to get even madder? Imagine what Meisel would’ve done if he was invited.
They could’ve used Mert & Marcus, for Wintour’s sake. At least one of them is British. Or Nick Knight? Rankin? Some female art photographer like Sarah Lucas or whatever? Literally anyone would be better and more relevant.

I don’t dislike Peter, but I think his time has passed.

Might I add that every individual picture is pretty nice (some more than others), but Jacinda Ardern's portrait is absolutely terrible. Almost as if it was too far to travel to New Zealand to take her picture so they asked her to take a selfie. The lighting is terrible and she looks awful.

Someone need to tell Edward that Vogue is a fashion magazine first......

Exactly, it's odd because Alexandra was actually the one who ran Vogue as a women's magazine first. In fact, the mirror cover concept, December 1999, where 'the reader is the covergirl' was hers. And I happen to recall she got a lot of lip on here over her non-model and age issues. This cover looks very much like something she'd have commissioned. Guess Meghan is more like her than we thought.

I understand that an issue guest edited by Meghan has to be about inspiring causes and people but this does not mean they had to remove any fashionable part out of it! This cover looks fake and amateurish. Just cut out some of the people, put them all together in beautiful clothes and let them be photographed smiling and natural by Peter. It would have surely turned out more appealing and I could have focused more on the cover subjects and their causes instead of the disastrous cover that this is.

Honestly think this cover will look great in glossy print on newsstands.

The fact that they've been planning this for such a long time only makes it that much worse because this must be one of the worst covers of the decade (is there a thread for that yet? Someone needs to post this one). The whole ''mission'' is great and all but why couldn't they execute it better? With so much time and so many people, that no one in the crowd stood up and said ''Hey, that looks so gross and corny'', I just can't get over it...
And the last part of her caption really makes me feel like #FORCESOFCHANGE is the new #NewVogue so I guess we should all prepare ourselves for an unpolished, unfashionable but woke period in Vogue.

Also are they deleting all the negative comments from Instagram or are people just loving it there? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->