UK vs. US R&B Girl Groups

Discussion in 'the Art of Noise' started by Urban Stylin, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Now that they are crossing over to the US mkt they are boud to receive more recognition!
    Always been among my faves. Love the way they are trendy in their videos

[​IMG]

Sugababes are another trendsetting group

[​IMG]

What do u think of these uk groups compared to the americans?

2. VersaceW11

VersaceW11 New Member

Hi :flower: I have always liked the UK bands better as they seem to be more daring maybe?? Here in the US bands seem to either have a really so called sexy look or they do this teeny bop look but its not often I see US girl bands having this type of style...I like UK bands becuase they seem more into looking cool than just being sexy and having their chest out.

3. Misako

Misako within an embrace

I personally like UK bands better myself, as well. :) I love the looks that the Sugababes have in their videos - it's a little less "sexy" and a little more funky...plus, they can actually sing. :D

I hope they cross over here successfully! I was in the car just a couple weeks ago, and "Hole in the Head" came on, and I was thrilled. :)

I like Mis-teeq as well, but I'm less familiar with them, although I love their song "scandalous". :)

4. VersaceW11

VersaceW11 New Member

That so awesome I felt the same way I have always liked them...And I heard them in the car as well and I was like awesome.

But im so crazy its like now that they are crossing over if everybody here starts to like them then I won't like them so much.

But your so right I couldn't think of a word for some of the uk bands styles but they have more of a funky style.

Do you like Atomic Kitten as well?

5. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Atomic Kitten's style is simple more of Gap than Versace but they are also very cool! I also agree Uk GROUPS ARE QUITE STYLED UP COMPARED TO aMERICAN GROUPS!

6. Gudmun

Gudmun New Member

They're all slappers. :p :angel:

7. cecilie

cecilie New Member

the sugababes have always suprised me...they are the kind of band i'd normally hate, but they appeal to me..

8. valerie

valerie Member

i :heart: Heidi's make-up in the video's "Hole in the head" & "Too lost in you"
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. impossibleprincess

impossibleprincess kabhi alvida

I'm sorry, a lot of my friends agree with this, Sugababes music is really good but sometimes, with the exception of Heidi, they can look trashy...I love their album though. :flower: And Mystique...when you compare them to a bnd like Destiny's Child... there is no comparison. :wacko:

10. vintage_princess

vintage_princess Adorable illusion

Sorry I disagree with you about these groups being trendsetters!
    Most of the stuff the Sugababes wear is tacky and very revealing, just like any other girl group...take a look at their videos if you want proof :innocent: :doh:
    As for Misteeq, they look like rather ordinary young women who like dressing up in designer stuff

11. PradaP

PradaP New Member

I don't like them or their music.. their 15 minutes of fame will soon be up and we'll find ourselves asking 'misteeq who?'

12. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Actually in the UK they are VERY BIG! Even here in Africa they are quite big

13. seditionary

seditionary New Member

misteeq have been around for ages in the uk already
    as with the sugababes... n both of them started out with different line ups...
    the misteeq style... is just uk people tryin to b american with designer wear....lol
    but i guess they look totally differnt to destinys child... as they dont wear costumes... they wear clothes

sugababes on the other hand... started out just plain n simple... n have progressed... to a more sluttier style definately... especially with the injection of heidi..... but they r funky sluts.... which we like very much

14. Misako

Misako within an embrace

I'm not particularly big on Atomic Kitten, but I do like Liberty X for some odd reason. :)

I don't mind Mis-teeq's style - they're not half as funky, but they're very distinctly...British...in their music style, much like the Sugababes, which I like. :)

I don't know - for some reason, there's some minute difference I can hear between Brit music and American music, and I like Brit music better, to some extent. Haha. Maybe I'm hearing things. LOL.

15. LadyIllusion

LadyIllusion New Member

I like the Misteeq girls, they do love to dress up and can sing - so a bonus. They also are highly influenced by the Americans, as are the majority of both boy and girl bands in the UK. :heart:

16. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

just abit off topic but lamar is another funky brit!!!and joss stone

17. Ms. Diorella

Ms. Diorella New Member

Totally agree :lol:

They're not my kinda thing at all. Plus i hate their music hehe, no offence anyone who likes them.

18. mayim

mayim New Member

Never heard of any of them. I'm in America. Are they pop groups?

19. Misako

Misako within an embrace

They're pop/r&b/hip-hop groups in the UK. :)

20. Plastic Sunshine

Plastic Sunshine New Member

Groups like them don't exactly...make me want to buy they're albums ASAP. But they look good, and most of the times, thats all that matters. :huh: