Underrated Designers

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
As opposed to the indies topic,these designers may have been around for a while.

Which designers,do you feel,don't recieve the recognition they deserve?

Definitely Narciso Rodriguez...he should be a household name by now, but he's not very well known outside of fashion circles.

HI SCOTT :flower: For a men's designer , could I mention Bernard Sanz who did sterling design at Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche and Monsieur de Balmain in the 80's and 90's .
For a women's designer I would like to nominate Jean-Paul Knott who , imho , has as much going for him as Alber Elbaz - another designer who fell from grace and has now come back with a vengeance ! regards KIT

Giorgio Armani - recognized by ordinary people but many followers of fashion forget what the industry owes to Armani...

Hi Kit! :flower:

My picks:

1. Anna Heylen

2. Dirk Van Saene

3. Susan Cianciolo

4. Russell Sage

5. Lieve Van Gorp

6. Jurgi Persoons

7. Carol Christian Poell

8. Tom Van Lingen

9. Wim Neels
more later....

:heart: Hi again Scott . I'll bet you like chips ' mit mao ' followed by Leonidas chocolates ! The belgians have a lot to answer for ! That Antwerp art college has produced absolute genii but also , imho , some real turkeys - ESPECIALLY Walter van Bierendonk !!! :innocent: KIT

great topic :flower:

those guys deserve more credit:
*Sibylla
*E2
*Elbaz
*Dries van Noten
*Jurgi Persoons
*Pascal Humbert
*Fred Sathal
*Martin Grant
*Margiela
*Ralph Rucci

Originally posted by kit@Dec 19th, 2003 - 2:59 pm
:heart: Hi again Scott . I'll bet you like chips ' mit mao ' followed by Leonidas chocolates ! The belgians have a lot to answer for ! That Antwerp art college has produced absolute genii but also , imho , some real turkeys - ESPECIALLY Walter van Bierendonk !!! :innocent: KIT
Yup. Moules,frites-mit mao :P

I cannot begin to express what's been already. I adore them very much. Actually so much so I feel I get on people's nerves with my constant praise.

Lena,you can thank Alexander's interview on showstudio. I loved this question so much I thought I would ask myself on here.

More on my list

10. Tess Giberson(who I suppose counts having a few collections under her belt now and a few articles written about her--still quite underrated right now)
11. Robert Cary-Williams
12. Maria Chen-Pascual
13. Jessica Ogden
14. Shelley Fox
15. Koji Tatsuno
16. United Bamboo
17. Marc Le Bihan(!)
18. Martin Margiela
19. Xavier Delcour(he always seems to get shunned to the side and he was really the one who started the whole Nu Romantic look!)
20. Lutz
21. Cosmic Wonder
22. Niels Klavers
23. Saskia Van Drimmelen

conisidetly these are most of my favorites :heart: :heart: :heart:

Aftur
Bernhard Willhelm
Undercover
Yazbukey
Cosmic Wonder
Bruno Pieters
GreyAnt
Les Hommes
Walter van Beirendonck
Marjan Pejoski
Gaspard Yurkievich
Alexandre Matthieu
Little Red Rieding hood
Lutz
Xavier Delcour
Rohka

yes, Xavier Delcour and Mark Le Bihan for sure deserve more, Bruno Pieters as well.

I missed the live McQueen interview, did you catch this while it was on? scott? anyone?

Lena,I just got word of the interview yesterday so I only got to see the transcript myself.

24. Anke Loh
25. LRRH(How in the world could I forget this?!)
26. Wendy & Jim
27. Marina Yee(sometimes forgotten as part of the Antwerp Six-she has lovely stuff)
28. Erik Verdonck
29. Ann-Sofie Back
30. Pauric Sweeney
31. Maria Intscher
32. Stephan Schneider
33. Libertin Louison
34. Eley Kishimoto
35. Kostas Murkudis
36. Owen Gaster
37. Rachel Comey
38. CLOAK
39. Junya Watanabe(being a protege of Kawakubo over the last ten years or more;he's just now gaining recognition from the int. press in the last 5 or 6 years)

Originally posted by Scott@Dec 20th, 2003 - 8:38 am

39. Junya Watanabe(being a protege of Kawakubo over the last ten years or more;he's just now gaining recognition from the int. press in the last 5 or 6 years)
veyr true, btu i have seen hsi work in vogue, so id outn think eh is uderapriceated aay more.

Tom Van Lingen
E2
Triton
Bernhard Willhelm

lots of others, sometimes I think Galliano is underrated because he should get even more recognition for his designs
and Yohiji

i agree about Martin Grant :flower: . I think he does well, but does not get very much recognition.

Originally posted by Scott@Dec 20th, 2003 - 9:38 am
Lena,I just got word of the interview yesterday so I only got to see the transcript myself.

24. Anke Loh
25. LRRH(How in the world could I forget this?!)
26. Wendy & Jim
27. Marina Yee(sometimes forgotten as part of the Antwerp Six-she has lovely stuff)
28. Erik Verdonck
29. Ann-Sofie Back
30. Pauric Sweeney
31. Maria Intscher
32. Stephan Schneider
33. Libertin Louison
34. Eley Kishimoto
35. Kostas Murkudis
36. Owen Gaster
37. Rachel Comey
38. CLOAK
Completely forgot,Gilles Rosier! :doh:

Francois Beauregard :flower: (he got the best "sporty" line on earth!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"