Unleash Your Inner Ancient Greek

then I'm looking forward to your impressions of Berlin and the stores, faust

WING Table (W2000 D900 H730) & WING Chair
design by Lella & Massimo Vibnelli

Originally posted by faust@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 9:43 am
I will probably be in Berling next year (and then maybe in 2006 for the World Cup), so I'll definitely check these stores out. Thanks.

P.S. I'm loving the table/chair you want (need something for my iMAC). Who are these by?
I just forgot this

Originally posted by runner+Jun 3rd, 2004 - 10:39 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (runner @ Jun 3rd, 2004 - 10:39 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-faust@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 9:43 am
I will probably be in Berling next year (and then maybe in 2006 for the World Cup), so I'll definitely check these stores out. Thanks.

P.S. I'm loving the table/chair you want (need something for my iMAC). Who are these by?
I just forgot this [/b][/quote]
It's for sale from Poltrona Frau? Hmm, I might walk over there during lunch time (I tell you, it is GREAT to work near SoHo/Tribeca/W.Village B) )

So, you also like interior design? We just moved into a new apartment and I am still looking for some things. Feel free to PM me with suggestions (I don't want to take this thread off topic)!

try the Ioannis Guia link igni ,
i've already posted Erotokritos link before as for the rest, no photos to post.

try amazon for Konstantin's Tependris books runner ,
they are published by Rizzoli and they are all absolute fun to have
including their Hamish Bowles intros :wink:

i thought i would add this :flower: :blush:

Fashion Greek
London, Paris

The summer Olympics is stirring up buzz for Athens but for a crop of Greek fashion players the games have already begun. Stylists, designers and photographers are pole-vaulting their talents from different cities across Europe and are helping to shape a Greek movement in fashion. Sophia Neophitou-Apostolou, 10 magazine's Athenian-born editor-in-chief, is holding her own — commissioning moody editorials from top flight photographers — among the other intense fashion pubs such as Self Service and Another magazines. Cyprian Panos Yiapanis hard/soft styling trademark is increasingly sought after for Pop, VMan and I.D. magazine pages. On-the-rise fashion editor Georgia Alexandra Davis is burning up the pages of the international Vogues. Sophia Kokosalaki, arguably the highest profile fashion Greek, continues to gather strong reviews for fluid clothes tinged with Grecian draping and smoldering sex appeal. Angelos Frentzos' collection of tailored jackets and flitty separates sell at Barneys NY, Harvey Nichols, and L'Eclaireur. Jewelry superstar and Hydra-based Elena Votsi, in addition to designing chunky gold and precious stone jewelry (recently featured in W Magazine) is also creating the Olympic medals. At Donna Karan, Peter Speliopoulos has served as creative director for seasons, shaping the slinky, draping designs in her line. As we reported last month, Munich-based Greek Kostas Murkudisis doing strong business in Germany. In Paris, Ioannis Guia has been showing his collection for three years, frequently popping up on ones-to-watch lists for tousled feminine clothes that are a bit jagged at the edges. Deux Hommes' Dimitris Alexakis and Grigoris Triandaphyllou pared down luxury with little doses of the avant-garde have earned them a loyal following in Greece and outside. After stints at Christian Dior and Dupont, Andrea Papadopoulou returned to Thessaloniki to build a reputation on super fluid feminine "goddess" dresses. Almost famous Athenian photographer Thodoris Colovos cut his teeth at Greek L'Officiel and Harper's Bazaar and is now showing his starkly lit images at James Hockney and Truman Brewery galleries in London, and setting his sights on conquering New York. Photographer Bill Georgoussis' haunting images can be seen in Arena Homme Plus, Mixte, and Numero magazines while fellow Athenian Nikos Papadopoulos shoots W Magazine editorials. And eyes are on Hedi Slimane's former longtime design assistant Nicolas Andreas Taralis, who showed his first collection in Paris in March. Tailoring, as you can imagine, dominated his all black fall '04 collection. And as a nod to his ancestry, Taralis prints his name in Greek letters for his logo. Let's hear it for the home team!

pic 1
http://www.jcreport.com/mailer/issue42/popups/fashion-greek3.html

* sorry i couldnt mark all the desingers in bold....im tired

:woot: thanks for the article lolita :flower:

Andria Papadopoulou and most of all Elena Votsis are well worth mentioning,
Elena also designed the medalions for the Athens 2004 Olympic Games,
she's an absolutely talented designer with two shops in Greece,
one of them in my beloved, jet set island of Hydra.

ps. Photographer Bill Georgousis is Sophia's x-husband :wink:

could you please state the source of the article?

:woot: beautiful, thanks for the link runner :flower:

shesells2.jpg

Elena Votsis work,
still not the best of her collection

Elena says that "a shell is a natural and artistic jewel by itself." By the time she's finished, her shell jewelry is more like artwork to wear. Some of it is obviously not for the timid, since it shouts its presence to onlookers. Even her classic nautilus shell ring is a bold statement due to its extravagant size. And with the 18k gold lining, the ring has an extra stylish luxe about it.
Designing rings is her favorite work. Some are intricate. Some simple. Like blown glass rings with seawater inside. Votsi says, "a ring is not to decorate the hands only. By the movement of a hand, a ring can light up the face and the rest of the body."

Link to more on Elena Votsis

fashion_greek3.jpg

eyes are on Hedi Slimane's former longtime design assistant Nicolas Andreas Taralis, who showed his first collection in Paris in March. Tailoring, as you can imagine, dominated his all black fall '04 collection. And as a nod to his ancestry, Taralis prints his name in Greek letters for his logo. Let's hear it for the home team!

from jcreport :flower:

Thanks for the articles, links Lo and Lena. :flower: Alot of intresting names to check out.

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 4th, 2004 - 3:22 am
fashion_greek3.jpg

eyes are on Hedi Slimane's former longtime design assistant Nicolas Andreas Taralis, who showed his first collection in Paris in March. Tailoring, as you can imagine, dominated his all black fall '04 collection. And as a nod to his ancestry, Taralis prints his name in Greek letters for his logo. Let's hear it for the home team!

:shock: :heart:

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 4th, 2004 - 1:22 am
fashion_greek3.jpg

WOMDERFUL!

Marios Schwab
the half-Austrian half-Greek is still only 26 years old.
The Face magazine lauded Schwab as being the next bright young thing in fashion, so everyone's watching to see which fashion house snaps him up first and what trends his rebellious designs will start.

"Around the World in a Day"
fashion: Marios Schwab
styling: Britta Burger
hair / make-up: Annelie Bystrom
photography: Clare Prentice

from shortcuts

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

:woot: not bad at all,
thanks for bringing this in runner, i had no idea

btw, what is "shortcuts"? :unsure:

FASHION'S GOING GREEK

AS the international spotlight turns to Greece for the Athens Olympics, its most fashionable players are working fast to take advantage. The first ever Greek Fashion Week, Moda Athena, will take place from 14-17 October this year to promote the country's most exciting up-and-coming fashion names. The event, which will take place at the Cultural Centre, Hellenic Cosmos, on 254 Pireos Street, will subsequently happen twice a year to "bring Athens to the forefront of the Industry, and position Greek and International designers and their talent within the international spectrum of the Fashion Industry, together with New York, London, Milan, Paris, Tokyo, etc", we're told. The event, which is likely to feature well known Greek designer Sophia Kokosalaki as well as a host of hot new names, is to be supported by the Hellenic Foreign Trade Board (HEPO), the Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Greek National Trade Confederation. For more information visit www.dimodathena.com. (August 2 2004, AM)

vogue.co.uk

:woot: runner thank you for spotting this on vogue :flower:
it's because of you that the article didnt go unnoticed.

needless to say i will take part with an instalation...
work work work and a little bit more work

runner, maybe we should fly you in from Japan next season :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->