US Bazaar November 2003 : Meg Ryan by Patrick Demarchelier

asta

Reaction score
well... i got my nov bazaar today... and i have to say that the airbrushing business is working overtime. meg looks 20 in the picture... yikes! she looks great in the ysl dress on the cover... but i wish the editors would lay off the ageless pics... and the cover... i am so tired of the what to wear when you are in your 20s, 30s, 40s, and 50s lessons. :doh:

but i had to add this pic of karolina... she has amazing style. i love her outfit!!!! :P

this is the worst bazaar i have received in months. is anyone else tired of the fashion industry being so involved in accessories... so much so that the designers stop paying attention to clothing???

everything cute in this magazine is either a shoe, a bag, or earrings. the clothing layouts are tired and boring... i am so disappointed. i :heart: accessories... but it seems as though no one is paying attention to clothes anymore. the business is all about finding a label's signature bag... or accessory. i guess that is where the money is these days. :shock: i just wish that there could be a balance.

Bazaar is officially the worst fashion magazine in the world. What's with these cover choices? Meg Ryan? :sick: How on EARTH is she a fashion icon? She belongs on the cover of Woman's Day or something equally atrocious.

And, I, too, hate those 'what to wear' 'how to wear' articles. Every issue of Bazaar has: 'LOOK FABULOUS AT EVERY AGE' or 'DRESS FOR YOUR SHAPE' and those stories get so repetitive and mindless.

I'm sorry if I sound a little crazy but I really used to love Bazaar and it angers me to see it like this. I think Kate Betts' HB was so much better than Glenda's. They should've given her another chance.

:P

like bazaar's fashion rules are something to follow anyways. i usually take a piece from each of their age designations... and play with them.

the layouts are even worse than the cover. believe me. :wacko:

grr.

that's boring, but she has pretty hands.... her hairstyle is so tired....

i'm with you on this one, Pears & Chickonspeed. These covers resemble Marie Claire more & more with each issue. Once in a while Bazaar will have a decent article, but not lately. everything in that mag is going downhill :cry:
Not a fan of Kate Betts either, actually. no one can substitute Lis Tilberis, that's for sure...

is anyone going to say anything about meg's lip collagen injection which is painfully obvious in this editorial?

Originally posted by giselakas@Oct 8th, 2003 - 10:11 pm
is anyone going to say anything about meg's lip collagen injection which is painfully obvious in this editorial?
OMG, i was thinking the same thing! :lol: VERY obvious lip job....

i dont mean to be so critical but why are these gorgeous women ruinining their good looks! Shame on you Meg, Lara Flynn and Melanie! they shoulda left their lips be!

they look like they have been punched or have coldsores. yuck... lara flynn and melanie are the worst

So funny!!!! :lol:
I saw the picture of Meg and could'ent wait to write my reply about those ******** looking lips!!!! Of course as I kept reading--I definitely am not the only one who thinks that!!!
Let lips be!!!!!!
Oh my gosh---Do they really think that they look normal????
Some kind of other species is what they look like!!!
And Meg Ryan use to look so wholesome and fresh...
Not any more!!! :yuk:

I agree with everyone, Meg's picture is not flattering. Even though I like seeing celebs on the covers of fashion mags, I do miss all the models gracing the monthy covers....

Yeah I have to agree with everyone who said that Harpers Bazaar has gone down hill. I saw the issue and chose not to read it. I only flipped through and it just looked soooo sameish. They are really having a hard time over ther with their magazine. I think its horrible now.

I think it's just the lipstick they used on her. Meg has awesome lips when made up properly. As you can tell I like Meg Ryan but I know she is no fashion icon. I think Gwyneth is the ultimate fashion icon although she does have some misses occasionally ....

despite the airbrushing, etc...I think they made Meg look about as good as she can. Hmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->