US Elle April 2020 : Sophie Turner by Arthur Elgort

Whatever happened between Arthur Elgort and US Vogue?

Wow Arthur Elgort for Elle. Kudos to Nina. I really think that now with Alex, we will see Mert and Inez too

Better than the UK cover, but why does it feel so empty?

I really think that now with Alex, we will see Mert and Inez too

Mert and Marcus, very possible consider they started shooting for CR Fashion Book. Seems like exclusivity is off the table.

Inez & Vinoodh I don't think so. The last time they shot for Hearst was for Lady Gaga's December/January 2016/2017 cover, and mainly because it was Lady Gaga. They are now one of the main photographers for US Vogue (March and September) and for Vogue Paris, and I don't think they'll let that go for Elle / Bazaar.

Elle has really been going for these breezy, sun kissed covers this spring and once again, I like it. I can practically hear the waves and feel the warm wind. And Sophie looks great; much better than on Elle UK.

The Awakening of Sophie Turner

Photographer: Arthur Elgort
Fashion Editor: Beth Fenton
Hair Styling: Christian Wood
Make-up: Lisa Storey
Manicure: Tracey Mattingly
Cast: Sophie Turner

Elle

It's basically another Vuitton advertorial. I'm not a major fan of the cover, but it's certainly better than the dreadful british version! Editorial doesn't do anything for me.

I like the editorial, not sold on the cover, I prefer way more the UK cover in fact.

No cool points for Elgort when the cover and images obviously paid for by LV, they make me sick with plays like this!

Inez & Vinoodh I don't think so. The last time they shot for Hearst was for Lady Gaga's December/January 2016/2017 cover, and mainly because it was Lady Gaga.

They shot Kirsty Hume for Elle last year for their february issue

They shot Kirsty Hume for Elle last year for their february issue

Yes. Who could forget that lovely floral shot of hers. However, from my understanding, @caioherrero meant that we'll now see M&M and I&V shooting for the covers of Elle. To which I replied that I don't think I&V will want to lose shooting the cover of US Vogue.

Love the light tones and overall breezy vibe of the cover. It's summery without being cliched, helped by the styling no doubt.

Vuitton's monopoly is really sickening. If Alt can sell a designer profile as a cover, what sort of a chance does smaller editions like Elle have to rebel against them? I almost feel like the only saving grace would be for the entire industry to be razed to the ground and restarted. From mediocre designers, photographers, editors, and models, to the blue chip brands who dominate magazine covers in every corner of the world. Maybe that's why creativity is at such an all time low.

A total non-event of a cover, and think Sophie Turner is just as unremarkable as the outcome of this shoot. Yet I can imagine Nina Garcia believes she pulled a major journalistic coup after the recent news of Turner's pregnancy. Ugh.

These blatant paid covers are painful, and to make things worse... Louis Vuitton (aside from Léa Seydoux) has the most dire brand ambassadors.

Yet I can imagine Nina Garcia believes she pulled a major journalistic coup after the recent news of Turner's pregnancy. Ugh.

But is this enough to cope up with the fact that she didn't bag an E. Jean x Trump exclusive?

Just kidding.

Reactions: KoV
Who cares if it’s Elgort behind the camera when the results could’ve come from anybody and I’m sorry but whoever thinks of Sophie as a beauty has a real basic idea of what beauty is.

Loving the fresh moment in the cover, but yeah, I agree it's not a priority purchase.

Wow Arthur Elgort for Elle. Kudos to Nina. I really think that now with Alex, we will see Mert and Inez too

When Tilberis poached Demarchelier from Vogue they felt the loss. To add insult to injury, Demarchelier delivered stellar work during his time at Bazaar and even got the magazine an unpublished Princess Diana shot from British Vogue. If M&M start shooting for Bazaar it won't be a loss. Not when the likes of Mikael Jansson can do what they do better (see last year's Kim K cover).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->