US Elle April 2021 : Hailey Bieber by Mario Sorrenti

Sorrenti did what he could...Bieber looks sleepy most of the time. I like the cover though.

We see how crazy people go for Vogue cover challenges - for a lot of people, magazines might exist as an outdated concept but the power of the cover lingers as a method of gaining a crumb of attention.

In the grand scheme of modelling, Hailey brings nothing special to any of the magazine work she does, but she’s happy to borrow the credibility of appearing in them to prop up her celebrity status.

So the only thing I ever think when I see Hailey in a magazine: Instagram is free. A place full of generic images where no-one expects you to step outside of your ‘brand’ and where there’s no need to pretend you have anything profound to say that needs put down on paper.

Why would I waste my time and money buying a magazine featuring someone who brings little to the experience of reading it? She’s more at home elsewhere, in places where it costs me nothing if I want to be interested.

US Elle April 2021

Love in the Time of Quarantine

Photographer: Mario Sorrenti
Stylist: Alex White
Hair: Peter Gray
Makeup: Fulvia Farolfi
Cast: Hailey Bieber

US Elle Digital Edition

US Elle April 2021

Made in Manhattan

Photographer: Jens Ingvarsson
Stylist: Rebecca Dennett
Hair: Ayumi Yamamoto
Makeup: Allie Smith
Cast: Julia Hafstrom

US Elle Digital Edition

Reactions: KoV
Wow. Elle is the best American fashion magazine. Month after month.

I love the work of Alex and Chris.

The layout is very good too

Elle indeed seems to be the leading American fashion magazine right now, which shouldn't be taken as a compliment because nothing here surpasses mediocrity. However, it's still miles ahead anything Vogue or Harper's Bazaar put out. Won't even mention Allure or InStyle.

Yasmin's such a star (and the higlight of this issue for me), I don't understand how people think she isn't suitable for editorial work. Look at her! She's gorgeous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"