US Elle August 2019 : Miley Cyrus by Mario Sorrenti

The preview looked so energetic, so what's this??

I see paranoia and perhaps some very unfortunate sex experience, but no power.

And so it all comes full circle. From a sexualised image to demure 'awakening' to a sexualised image. Maybe Miley should've just continued with her Bangerz phase because I'm sure she's trying to regain the following she lost when she dropped that look.

The cover styling looks like something they'd use on Taylor Swift. In fact, Taylor Swift would probably inhabit this look with more confidence. Here it's just an unappealing from start to finish.

Mario Sorrenti behind the lens, and we get this? Disappointing to say the least, complete missed opportunity for something great - even with Miley Cyrus on the cover. The cover shot itself is completely lackluster, a non-event and they need to seriously stop with the pink masthead already!

Um, i think this cover is totally servicable. In a sea of super bad covers it looks fine to me, and that is saying a lot. But lol at the Elle IG team (I guess they post her stuff, unless she posted it, even worse) crediting EIC, lmao, how pretentious. Since she took over Nina has been losing cool points with me!

She looks just like her mother with that wig. I haven’t liked Miley since her Bangerz faze! So this cover is a throwaway. Should have went with a fresh face. Even Zendaya would have worked even though she just covered Vogue.

The cover is ok, but Miley looks so older with that hair, like a rock groupie.

I’m so sad that Cortina is involved in this mess...

I have a soft spot for Miley but not soft enough to tolerate this :-)

This is lazy and boring. Elle had a good run this year. I guess every month can't be expected to be good.

Cover is ok but I love the editorial. Miley is looking better than ever lately, the hair, the 80s rock chic styling, definitely her best incarnation.

They aged her 10 years with that hooker styling. I don't expect much from Miley, but they could have done so much better with her.

Just found this in my magazine pile.

138 pages

Review:

"Night Fever"
P: Zoey Grossman
S: Charles Varenne
M: Karmen Pedaru

"Shock Value"
P: Christian Ferretti
S: Matthew Ellenberger
M: Stella Maxwell

Plus: Kumail Nanjiani, Meghan McCain, and an article on pelvic exams performed by medical students on unconscious patients

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->