US Elle December 2012 : Jennifer Lawrence by Carter Smith

Marc10

Staff member
Reaction score
Qw7Vx.jpg

@MagazineShelf

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that second image is stunning! Looks like UK bazaar.

Jen looks fantastic on both covers, wow does she deliver in those shots! I hope that first cover's background color is not as mustard-y as it's appearing.

The second cover is freaking amazing! My favourite Elle US cover of the year!

The newsstands is awful, i thought its Cheryl Cole for a second! But the sub is a cool image.

How can they produce such an amazing cover and such a trashy cover on the same issue?
I dont get why newstands covers are a synonym of a bad and trashier version of the subscribers one.

she's just standing there not really doing anything, but the second cover is stunning.

how long they will be doing those fake, bright color backgrounds ??? second cover very fresh and summery. btw all december covers posted already, have no christmas spirit, this too..

^
November & December issues normally show resort collections...like May Showing Pre-fall...this is a norm in the industry. Kind of gets people out of the winter blues if you ask me...

The second one is so much better than the first.

Oooh....I'm not crazy about the newsstand cover, it's way too bright and the way they styled Jennifer is odd (main complaint is with the hair and makeup people). But the subscriber cover is AMAZING. Anyone else find the tagline for Jennifer funny, I mean, "Hunger Games Bombshell" sort of goes against the whole idea of the character she plays. Katniss was not a fan of the beauty aspect of the competition.

I agree! The tagline is a bit strange considering this cover is to promote an indie and will probably prove that she is an indie star as well as a blockbuster star.

beautiful cover the news stand one! i love how bold they always make them. so much better than the UK one.

Wow, that second image is stunning! Looks like UK bazaar.

Just thinking about that shot on a summer cover of British Bazaar makes me love this.

Are we in denial of seasonal changes here?
The subs cover is alright but I hate the background of the newsstand cover.

I received this in the mail today, and I love the entire shoot! Jennifer is such a gem. :heart:

I agree! The tagline is a bit strange considering this cover is to promote an indie and will probably prove that she is an indie star as well as a blockbuster star.

Not really though, it's sort of calling back to her beginnings with Winter's Bone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"