US Elle December 2012 : Jennifer Lawrence by Carter Smith

hoo boy... not good. I thought the newsstand cover was a cosmo cover, heh.

I kinda like it! If it weren`t for the hideous yellow background, the Newsstand would be perfect! The hair is beautiful!

The subs cover is amazing!

i like the second cover! the first one i though it was taylor swift

I agree! The tagline is a bit strange considering this cover is to promote an indie and will probably prove that she is an indie star as well as a blockbuster star.

SLP isn't an indie, though. It was produced by a Hollywood Studio with A-listers staring and a nearly $30 million production budget. To me, the tagline still makes sense, especially considering her breakout role was in a true indie, Winter's Bone. Semantics, though.

Personally, I don't love either cover, but they're both better than Elle's average Newsstand/Subscriber covers.

She's a phenomenal actress but she's SO painfully dull looking. I really don't think she photographs very well at all.*

...the sub cover is merely okay, and that's only because her face is turned away from the camera.*
Posted via Mobile Device

I like both covers, although I think the newsstand version would have been much better had it not been for the yellow backdrop. On the other hand, the subc version is pretty amazing as is!

I don't like any... And the first one is really odd. It looks like it was an outdoor shot and they put that awful yellow background.

Gosh if you didn't tell it's Jennifer I couldn't recognize! Now I'm not sure about the main cover but the 2nd shoot is freaking amazing.

the subscriber cover is amazing. I wish they would have used that instead. I can't wait to see her editorial.

I'm getting tired of these uber bright, garish background covers. The subscriber image is soooo much better.

Better Quality of 1st cover...
image.jpg

Tracey Mattingly LLC‏@TraceyMattingly.twitter

She looks like Juliette Lewis on the newsstand cover. hahaha

The ed is really nice. I like all the shots, especially the one with her lying near the water. They could have done better with the newsstand cover.

i assume the newsstand cover won't be yellow, just like the Selena Gomez cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->