US Elle December 2019 : Lady Gaga by Sølve Sundsbø

In a sea of hideous december covers, this one is certainly a win in my book. It's festive and fun despite being a simple studio portrait. Gaga looks absolutely beautiful and seeing that they used Vogue's font, I wish it was indeed Vogue's December cover.

Lady Gaga in Marc Jacobs is a winner in my books!

It doesn' t work I'm sorry.

The makeup is festive, but not in a good way. Reminds of a baby drag queen back in 08 who thinks shimmers are everything.

The styling is okay. But I feel like the bow is eating her. The Elle logo doesnt even seem to help.

Bad angle as well.

Although, this is 1000x better than Bazaar and EVERYTHING I've seen so far. This is a holiday cover

Not for me, the makeup is too much, especially the Jessica Rabbit lips. And that shade of yellow is quite ugly. We've been seeing a lot of hats on covers and none of them seems to get it right.

Shot by Sundsbo, btw

I love the outfit and the make up - it's what she's here to promote after all - but that's quite an unflattering shot, no? A different angle would have done wonders.

surprisingly I got excited when I saw Gaga as it felt unexpected and I was hoping for something fun but not this... for some reason it feels a bit sickly, like a slice of cake you should have eaten only half of :-D

Nothing looks as if it fits, in any sense of the word. The clothes don't fit her, the make-up doesn't fit the clothes, the hat doesn't fit the season. The only saving grace is her confidence in being able to carry off the most ludicrous of looks.

This is a very good cover in my books! It feel December, but without it being too cliche.

I'm not mad at it at all. They actually managed to deliver a cover that's very Gaga and yet a kind of a fresh take on her. It should stand out well on the newstands.

Great image, just not working for me as a cover...especially for a US magazine.

I love this. It's overly-syled, overly-sweet and yet it works perfectly. The cover will undoubtedly pop on the newsstand, and it has a festive quality to it without relying on red, green or gold.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I miss Robbie Meyers. Her Elle had more fashions and vision, now is just trash like everything Gan touches and Nina has no vision

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->