US Elle December 2021/January 2022 : Kaia Gerber by Nathaniel Goldberg

There’s something wrong with her face in that, it looks like she wasn’t ready for the picture to be taken :rofl:

This cover is gorgeous though

Her face on the second cover?!?

Somehow I can't believe this woman has an actual large fanbase that would buy this because of her. She's obviously pretty and she may be lovely to work with, but she strikes me as a charisma vacuum.

She has no fire in her eyes in the first cover.

When will we wake up from this nightmare of nepotistic models?

KAIA GERBER SUITS UP
Photography:
Nathaniel Goldberg
Styling: Alex White
Hair: Orlando Pita
Make-up: Francelle Daly
Model: Kaia Gerber

elle.com

I think its okay, there are some awkward posing in some of these shots, I think this can just come down to whoever was selecting them. I don't see much of anything other wrong with it. I'll take something like this any day over the usual BS we get from American publications.

Last edited:
Her face on the second cover?!?

Somehow I can't believe this woman has an actual large fanbase that would buy this because of her. She's obviously pretty and she may be lovely to work with, but she strikes me as a charisma vacuum.

I have to agree 100% on the first cover she looks ok but she looks 14 I am sorry.
On the second the face is quite bad.

Reactions: clo
Kaia is totally expressionless. So different from her mother, who could really emote when she was a model.

I'm consistently more thrown by how young she looks than her ineffective "modeling." There's just nothing aspirational about her on covers. I do not want to buy the magazines she's on.

Reactions: clo
These are not the best pictures I've seen of her, to say the least.

It’s mediocre…
Plain and simple.
Everything about it is wrong but I like the very 00’s Gilles Bensimon feeling of this…

She really lost her spark as quickly as she first got it... She had a great runway debut and her early editorials were gorgeous, but that all went to hell the moment she first chopped her hair. Most models never recover from that awfully commercial look (just like Karlie Kloss).

This is definitely not her best work, but I like the cover in red. Not a fan of the leotard, the stylist really gave up on that one lol

The photo of her in the tuxedo is just so embarrassing! She looks like she's playing dress up in her mom's clothes!

Is it just me or is the photo of her in the Dior bucket hat the obvious cover photo of the bunch? That would have actually looked pretty. There's some life in her eyes, it's holiday-appropriate, age-appropriate, and not so try hard.

Getting Alt/Vogue Japan vibes from the main cover. It's ok I suppose, but not really festive no matter how much glitter and red they add to the visuals. This is really filler fare. Laura Brown on a lazy month. Alex White continues to underwhelm.

I'll be keeping an eye to see how this cover sells. Kaia is Insta famous with many followers, but not the type who would buy every single cover she features on. And in my experience, people don't really wish to read about their IG faves. Why, when they get exclusive content firsthand for free?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"