US Elle February 2004 : Kate Bosworth by Gilles Bensimon

Originally posted by Episternum@Jan 19th, 2004 - 11:11 pm
Geez, her lips are friggin' enormous! :blink:
they seem to be getting larger & larger by each picture :wacko: i hope she doesnt end up with a fish mouth

Originally posted by Belowen@Jan 19th, 2004 - 10:44 pm
I don't like how she called herself 'blue blood' in the interview :ninja:
I didn't like how there is no source cited. It's apparently from another "interviewer" and is not taken into any context. Bad reporting by Elle, as usual.

Kate is known for having big lips. Her lips were used in the film, The Rules of Attraction, and her lips are also highlighted on the poster. Her lips are just that famous.

This is the youngest picture of her that I can find. It's blurry, but her lips are still huge, even back then.

Heheh, she looks cute there :smile:

I don't mind her, in fact she's a really beautiful girl - I just have the whole stupid crush jealousy thing going on... :lol:

Don't tell my boyfriend :shock:

:kiss:

I know you're not catty, from reading your past posts. Saying she looks plastic in the Elle editorial and not liking a quote is also not catty behavior. It's The Fashion Spot! We're here to talk fashion. Even I admit it isn't her best photoshoot. You don't have to say that you don't mind her, it's ok. I think every single person in the world is at least a little jealous. I mean it's Orlando, how can they not be.

You mean your boyfriend doesn't know? *wink*

Originally posted by Dixie@Jan 20th, 2004 - 7:03 pm
You mean your boyfriend doesn't know? *wink*
Oh, I think he does.. :shifty:

to be honest, i don't like the different colour eyes, it looks like her eyes have gone mad...

I read somewhere that the "blue-blood" quotation was taken from an interview where she was talking about her role on the (short-lived) television show Young Americans. The concept revolved around a prep school and the tensions between the "townies" and the "blue-bloods." Even though her character was a "townie," the interviewer asked which one of the two types she was most like in real life. So it is taken a bit out of context.

Gah, I can't believe I just semi-defended Kate Bosworth.

IMO, the worst thing she said in the Elle interview was when she said she hadn't had any caffeine and was "literally ********." :doh: :wacko: :sick: Methinks the girl needs to look up the word "literally" in the dictionary, pronto.

Originally posted by HBoogie@Jan 21st, 2004 - 4:16 am
Gah, I can't believe I just semi-defended Kate Bosworth.

I know, and we're the biggest Orlando lovers here! :cry:

:lol: :heart:

Originally posted by Pradaromance12+Jan 19th, 2004 - 11:14 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pradaromance12 @ Jan 19th, 2004 - 11:14 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Episternum@Jan 19th, 2004 - 11:11 pm
Geez, her lips are friggin' enormous! :blink:
they seem to be getting larger & larger by each picture :wacko: i hope she doesnt end up with a fish mouth [/b][/quote]
:lol: I hope not ! I've always found her lips rather plastic-y because they've got this weird collagenic shape (although they are probably natural). And I've always been convinced she's got some sort of cheek implants (and it's also probably just me! ) ! :flower:

Here's the editorial :wacko:

003400961dd550.jpg

00340097a7e724.jpg

00340098548e85.jpg

what is their to bleek about space? i am convinced you dont like anything. also why HATE actors on covers? a magazine is about fashion style and beauty which actors have as much as a models...if you hate actors on covers then you must also hate models as actors... if they have the talent i say the option is open for them to act....same goes for covers.

i think she looks beautiful....

That spread would be better if she didn't look so alarmingly vacant and Jessica Simpson-esque.

I think the biggest reason her lips look fake is the lack of a little dip in the top lip. Think about the celebrities with obvious collagened lips (Melanie Griffith, latter-day Meg Ryan)...their top lips go straight across. Kate's lips are dangerously close to that type. And that nude lip doesn't help matters any.

She has the same expression on her face in all her photos like 'this is me being a model' but i really like it. hehe. I love that picture of her in the belted khaki's.

I think it's just the difference because we're so used to seeing her radiant smile - and in those pictures she does look a little vacant. She's much more beautiful being herself @ candid IMO :flower:

I'm just getting around to seeing the actual magazine and I must say the cover looks better in person than on computer. Not the worst choice but...

This cover should have gone to Jessica Miller. Her editorial in there is top-notch. Bring the models back to the forefront!

She's quite cute, the lips are a bit big but none-the-less pretty.^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->