US Elle February 2010 : Jennifer Lopez by Tom Munro

I like Jennifer, but I don't like skintight tops with armpit cut-outs and lacing that'll leave an intriguing pattern on the skin when it comes to taking it off. If the top was a little more structured, I think I could cope, but the holes in it... amoeba-shaped blobs under her arms and a peek-a-boo sausage down her front.

In short, yes to her, no to the clothes.

I'm not a fan, but her face is so lovely. I like that she isn't bronzed and covered in nudes and golds (her normal look).

Adore! Fierce as hell! Wow!. so buying thius

I think it's a good cover, she has the presence of a model so it doesn't look like another clueless actress with a cheesy smile. And I think the outfit compliments her.

I agree about the text though, crowded. It could have been done better. I think it would have looked nicer with the written style text or even graffitti style because the outfit is very 80's and she's from the Bronx etc. Or they could have classed up the cover concept and done a pretty almost cursive look. I don't know lol I'm not a professional.

Last edited by a moderator:
im intrigued enough to wonder what the editorial will look like.

Actually, coming from US Elle, I like it so far! And I don't even like Jennifer Lopez. But this cover is a little different from them all around. Not revolutionarily different, but all the same. I was really expecting something ghastly when I entered this thread, but no. Although US Elle and US Harper's Bazaar have both been intolerable bores in terms of covers and cover shots these recent years, I never thought I would prefer a US Elle Jennifer Lopez :smile:yuk:smile: cover this overwhelmingly over the same month's US HB cover, regardless of their cover star. But I do.

I hope this is a sign of changes to come at Elle HQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh. US Elle was doing so good and they give us with the oh so talented and interesting J-Lo. :rolleyes:

Loving the cover, interested to see what the whole actual magazine is gonna be like, no doubt J.lo's editorial is gonna be good, she always delivers imo. So, it's a yes from me

jlocoverselle.jpg

el0210wjenn004.jpg

el0210wjenn006.jpg

el0210wlopener001.jpg

elle.com

^ I absolutely love this editorial. The best thing produced by US Elle in a long time.

Generally surprised at the outcome of all of this. I did not expect to like it, as much as I thought I would.
Jennifer's shots look fantastic, I love the shot wearing the Gucci dress. The black and white ones are nice as well.

Blah. What boring inside pictures, nothing new or interesting here. This is how J-Lo is always styled, and I was hoping for something different, especially since I really like the cover. Unless this issue comes with something else of interest, I'll be passing up on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->