US Elle January 2010 : Lady GaGa / Britney Spears

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Gary101, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Gary101

Gary101 New Member

[​IMG]
    LadyGaGa.nu

#1 Gary101, Dec 1, 2009
    Last edited by moderator thagirl26: Dec 1, 2009
  2. Gary101

Gary101 New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

LadyGaGa.nu

3. FashionFollower

OMG! She looks so..normal.

4. KateIsGr8

KateIsGr8 Active Member

Damn! It's about time!!!! LOVE THIS :)

5. KateIsGr8

KateIsGr8 Active Member

On the other hand, I was expecting Brit on the cover, but atleast she's inside!

6. Gary101

Gary101 New Member

7. Ecstasy Lover

Ecstasy Lover New Member

by Carter Smith?

8. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

^ Gaga's was shot by Tom Munro.

Nice idea to have two different cover subjects, i actually think Gaga's is nice. What i can make out of Spears one, the boys look super cute, but not sure its all that relevant for a fashion magazine cover to have that image as the cover........and i guess we will be seeing tons more of Gaga in the future.

Thanks for the thread Gary. :flower:

#8 Miss Dalloway, Dec 1, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Lika: Dec 1, 2009
  9. jeremydante

jeremydante Active Member

WOW. love gaga's cover. but why is britney's head like that? did they think that was playful?

10. TheCheekyCritic

TheCheekyCritic New Member

Hmm. I'm not so sure about Britney Spears' cover tbh. It's an okay photo, but why her kids should be included isn't really clear to me. I can only imagine it was her express wish, but somehow the idea doesn't hit home with me. It comes off a little contrived.

Gaga, on the other hand, is looking fierce. And a little less extravagant than usual, which is a refreshing change. The inside photos look good, too. Thanks for the photos, Gary!

11. *ana*

*ana* old-fashioned

i guess they just want to portray britney as a good mom - something we do not believe she really is... non? the picture seems really cute, i like how it isn't an attempt to look sexy with a balmain dress or whatever obviousness that could be expected from a britney cover. i wonder if she didn't get the cover just herself because they were afraid it wouldn't be a great seller...?
    anyway, good for her. she's the only pop singer o tolerate nowadays.

12. VogueParisLover

VogueParisLover New Member

Lady GaGa's cover is soo much better than Britney Spears'. :heart:
    I am also not just saying that because I'm obsessed with Lady GaGa. :ninja:

13. cottonmouth13

cottonmouth13 Well-Known Member

Is that Lady GaGa?!? OMG! She looks stunningly normal! :heart:^_^ I love it!!! And the inside photos looks great too! Gary101, thanks for posting! :flower:

14. Jacque Marcel

Jacque Marcel army of lovers

gaga's cover is way better but her tattoo is fug, also she sort of reminds me of gwen stefani

#14 Jacque Marcel, Dec 1, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Dec 1, 2009
  15. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

that deconstructed leather jacket is from Maison Martin Margiela's Artisanal a few seasons ago actually. a stunning piece of artistry totally destroyed by generic posing and styling. awful.

16. TheCheekyCritic

TheCheekyCritic New Member

I guess so. I can also def. imagine there having been some poking in that same direction from the Spears camp. It's just that when I heard the rumor of Britney being featured on the cover of Elle, I was kind of hoping for just that; an attempt to look sexy in a Balmain dress or some such... ;) Her other recent magazine features have been a far cry from those good ole' sexy days, when the focus was on her music and not her family troubles. Now it's all about her newfound self, her new healthy image and so forth, and while that's great per se, I'd kind of like to see a return to those days when her private life wasn't such a factor in everything she did, including her photoshoots. :)

That's also a good point you make about Britney not necessarily being a great seller. I'm sure there are by now a lot of people who are tired of hearing of her, while Gaga is a rising star right now and I think a sure buyer magnet. Heck, now that I've seen Gaga's cover and a preview of the inside pics, even I'm planning to grab this issue! haha

#16 TheCheekyCritic, Dec 1, 2009
  17. Karen0193

Karen0193 Active Member

GaGa looks normal:shock: I sort of like her cover and Britney's its kinda cute :)

18. *ana*

*ana* old-fashioned

^^you do have a point. maybe it would be better a more obvious image instead of focusing on her personal life, but she's been making a comeback, she's trying to 'clean' her image, her personal life became too too troubled to be ignored, etc, so at least it's understandable why they're doing it... i'm just glad she got a cover actually lol. i'm so bored by these katies and gagas and all this 'new' generation.

19. vavavinny

vavavinny Active Member

I'm so happy to see Britney looking healthy and happy on the cover. Yes, it would have been more appealing if they styled her as the sex goddess in a skin-revealing tight mini-dress with blown out hair, but Britney's not really at that stage in her life anymore. I get so much more emotion from her cover than Lady Gaga's generic sex object cover, which is much too similar to Megan Fox's from earlier in the year. Looking at Britney and her boys truly makes me smile and almost brings a tear to my eye. It is not a traditional cover by any means, but I think it was the best idea considering where Britney is right now in her life. Even if the joy she emits on the cover may not be genuine, it sure looks like it is.

#19 vavavinny, Dec 1, 2009
  20. agneslo

agneslo New Member

WOW!:shock: i guess this is the first time I love Lady gaga on a cover!!!!:wub: