US Elle January 2010 : Lady GaGa / Britney Spears

Much better editorial than cover shot for Britney. I'm actually quite surprised, because while I'm going to try and get the Gaga cover issue, had it been Britney alone on the cover and I hadn't seen a preview of what's inside, I would not have gotten this issue. But the inside photos are worth a spot in my ed collection. At any rate, they're the most interesting thing Britney Spears has done in years, ed wise.

Oh my and it does get worse, that is just unfortunate, every shot is laughable, but the last one is just sad.

the irony of those two covers together.... Britneys rundown potential next to GAGA whose actually picking up where the old Britney left.

The Old Britney used to deliver such amazing celebrity pictorials, this is just sad.

In one of the blue "big bird" like shots it actually looks like she could have toilet paper stuck to her shoe or something..

If I got Britney's subscribers cover through my door, I would feel like pushing it back out.
Everything looks terrible and I would of preferred a studio shoot. What the hell is she doing in just about every shot? This is just terrible.

I love Britney and I was happy that Elle did shoot with him but editorial is strange, and US Elle is doing ''strange'' subscribers covers last time, title, colors, and of course picture looks so bad.

Love Gaga's cover, but the Britney cover and editorial is quite awful.

I can't believe you guys don't understand the editorial. Her trapped in the bird cage is representing where her life is now with how shes under the conservatorship and is like a prisoner in her own home. The other photos are to represent her future when she is free to be with her boys.

Anyways Britney editorial >>>> Lady Gaga.

I can't believe you guys don't understand the editorial. Her trapped in the bird cage is representing where her life is now with how shes under the conservatorship and is like a prisoner in her own home. The other photos are to represent her future when she is free to be with her boys.

Honestly, I doubt that's what the ed is referring to. Her being under the conservatorship pretty much means Jamie Spears is following more or less her every move (and at any rate would very likely be overseeing a photoshoot), and therefore I doubt that either she or the magazine would be allowed to make any kind of attack against it. After all, the conservatorship is at least supposed to be in her best interest.

Honestly, I doubt that's what the ed is referring to. Her being under the conservatorship pretty much means Jamie Spears is following more or less her every move (and at any rate would very likely be overseeing a photoshoot), and therefore I doubt that either she or the magazine would be allowed to make any kind of attack against it. After all, the conservatorship is at least supposed to be in her best interest.

Well thats what I read and saw on tv. It wouldn't be an attack aganist it, its just describing her life and what it means to her right now. If you watched her documentary she even says she feels trapped and alone. She knows its good for her right now but shes also not a fan of it.

"Britney, Like You've Never Seen Her Before".... obviously, because she wears jeans tshirts every day.

I like Lady Gaga's ed better, it's actually portraying her more correctly than Britney.

Well thats what I read and saw on tv. It wouldn't be an attack aganist it, its just describing her life and what it means to her right now. If you watched her documentary she even says she feels trapped and alone. She knows its good for her right now but shes also not a fan of it.

Hmm... Yes, I recall the documentary, but I still think you (and the media for that matter) might be reading too much into the ed. Considering the lenghts to which Jamie Spears has gone to restrict discussion on the conservatorship, esp. in more recent days and post-doc, I have a hard time imagining anything of the kind, really. To me it just looks like another one of those shoots in which Britney wanted to be photographed with her sons, to show that she's involved and wants to be so. But let's agree to disagree. :flower:

The Old Britney used to deliver such amazing celebrity pictorials, this is just sad.

Sometimes I wonder about that - if she hadn't derailed, where would she be with her work now, and what sort of visual identity would she have evolved into, at this age?

Could we ever really believe in a totally glamorous Britney, now that we know so much about the messy background of things? That said, a lifetime of 'episodes' and divorces and weight problems have never stopped any real diva from putting the glitter and gloss on.

Hmm... Yes, I recall the documentary, but I still think you (and the media for that matter) might be reading too much into the ed. Considering the lenghts to which Jamie Spears has gone to restrict discussion on the conservatorship, esp. in more recent days and post-doc, I have a hard time imagining anything of the kind, really. To me it just looks like another one of those shoots in which Britney wanted to be photographed with her sons, to show that she's involved and wants to be so. But let's agree to disagree. :flower:

Well maybe Jamie Spears is not that bright and totally missed the reference with the birdcage. Maybe she was thinking about a Circus theme.

Maybe it's just a bad editorial. Plain and simple

I really do not think the Elle team would have thought so in depth when they did it.

Infact, it wouldn't even surprise me if that bird cage was just something they stumbled upon in Britney's backyard, and that kitchen scene was again just something they stumbled upon and took a shot of.

To me, it's possibly one of the worst Elle covers of reccent years. Especially when it's put up against Gaga's great cover, and great editorial.

I really do not think the Elle team would have thought so in depth when they did it.

Infact, it wouldn't even surprise me if that bird cage was just something they stumbled upon in Britney's backyard, and that kitchen scene was again just something they stumbled upon and took a shot of.

My thoughts exactly. Though not that I really think that makes it a bad editorial, just that it makes it a bit meaningless as a Britney ed. I still like the photos as they are (not as photos of Britney Spears, mind you), and it's one of the reasons I'm getting this issue (besides the inimitable awesomeness of Gaga, that is).

Still... this is regardlessly the best ed work Britney Spears has done in years. I think that alone speaks volumes of her fashion value today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kancuk24
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->