US Elle January 2010 : Lady GaGa / Britney Spears

I acctually like Britney's cover and editiorals better than Lady Gaga's. She looks stunning and natural. Lady Gaga's cover looks super airbrushed to me...

If the Elle team was trying to make her being in a bird cage mean something its highly unlikely its about conservatorship - maybe a song bird? or they just made up something and ran with it.

I think this issue's going to sell well. Britney was THE popstar of the beginning of this decade and Gaga is THE popstar as we come to the end of the decade.

Lady Gaga does look pretty but that's it about her photoshoot. You would expect something more interesting from her...

the best photo of Lady Gaga... she looks like a woman, not like a hermaphrodite :wink:

issues like this drain my energy- its not even about fashion at this point. it just becomes more about the publics fascination with fame. im bored.

i think the narration is very badly "said" in britney story.
the bird cage, the kids, the laugh, the ceremony outfit with them by the pool (love this), the kitchen ... this is boring.

is Britney still revelant in USA ? coz in France, she's not ... I don't listen to "pop radio" (like Fun Radion :wink:) .... but I really doubt her latest album has worked in Fr ... has it ?

hate the gaga piece, too.
yeah she's normal on the cover. she would have been at one point. now or tomorrow makes no difference. and it's Elle US !!! not D&C .... so .....

i think this hasn't been quoted enough ...
that deconstructed leather jacket is from Maison Martin Margiela's Artisanal a few seasons ago actually. a stunning piece of artistry totally destroyed by generic posing and styling. awful.

i, too, think the pose is horrible. and the photos.
but the styling of the jkt i'm not sure ... it's up to the photog' and model at this point. non ?
(but probably the lace underwr isn't necerssary. true !!!! bad frame of picture !)

.... but I really doubt her latest album has worked in Fr ... has it ?

Her last album "Circus" got Gold status (certification) in France.

It got Platinium in US & UK (in 3 other countries too)
2xPlatinium in Australia & 3xPlatinium in Canada.
And Gold in most of the countries.

is Britney still revelant in USA ? coz in France, she's not ... I don't listen to "pop radio" (like Fun Radion :wink:) .... but I really doubt her latest album has worked in Fr ... has it ?

Of course she is. Her CD Circus sold more then 500 000 copies in its first week. She was just named the best selling female artist of this decade. Her tour was the highest grossing tour of 2009. Her Blackout CD was named the fifth best CD of the decade by NY Times. 2 #1 hits in many countries this past year. List can go on and on for the amount of records she has broke this past year. Shes an icon weather people like it or not.

I agree, Britney is certainly still relevant, and I suppose she'll always be relevant because of how good she was in her hayday. Although I do believe she shouldn't be around currently, I think she was rushed back into the spotlight and rushed back into recording by the people who need her to make them money really, so I don't really believe her getting a cover of anything is something she should be doing right.

I don't suppose I have any real issue with Britney getting the cover of Elle.. if it had been done well, she looked good, and it wasn't some lame attempt at a "look people, she's normal. We've even put her children on the cover with her to proove she's no longer mentally unstable!" It's just not done right at all.

"look people, she's normal" lol seems like both covers are implying this message.
it is indeed a lame attempt. i still think the cover image is cute, but i guess TheCheekyCritic was right, they should have just done something more obvious/sexy...

I think this issue's going to sell well. Britney was THE popstar of the beginning of this decade and Gaga is THE popstar as we come to the end of the decade.

That's quite an amazing statement. True!

I totally agree, honeycombchild. It just comes off insulting and desperate to me.

I really don't like the Britney cover but that was all that was available when I bought my issue. Also the article was really dissapointing and redundant. The Gaga article was well done and the photos are breathtaking.

I agree, Britney is certainly still relevant, and I suppose she'll always be relevant because of how good she was in her hayday. Although I do believe she shouldn't be around currently, I think she was rushed back into the spotlight and rushed back into recording by the people who need her to make them money really, so I don't really believe her getting a cover of anything is something she should be doing right.

I don't suppose I have any real issue with Britney getting the cover of Elle.. if it had been done well, she looked good, and it wasn't some lame attempt at a "look people, she's normal. We've even put her children on the cover with her to proove she's no longer mentally unstable!" It's just not done right at all.

Totally agree. I felt like her "comeback" was very forced. I just didn't feel like it was authentic.

ironically the Britney issue is gonna sell more than the Gaga one

i think the narration is very badly "said" in britney story.
the bird cage, the kids, the laugh, the ceremony outfit with them by the pool (love this), the kitchen ... this is boring.

hate the gaga piece, too.
yeah she's normal on the cover. she would have been at one point. now or tomorrow makes no difference. and it's Elle US !!! not D&C .... so .....

i think this hasn't been quoted enough ...

i, too, think the pose is horrible. and the photos.
but the styling of the jkt i'm not sure ... it's up to the photog' and model at this point. non ?
(but probably the lace underwr isn't necerssary. true !!!! bad frame of picture !)

Her album was No 1 and it has produced 3 hits i thinnk...theres one thats int he top 10 at the moment

The issue is up at ZINIO! Too bad, they have BRITNEY's issue :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->