US Elle July 2019 : Gisele Bündchen, Naomi Campbell, Doutzen Kroes & Anja Rubik by Chris Colls

They all look rather sad. Must be the photoshop around the eyebrows.

OMG, there's not even one good cover here... How is it even possible?

That's what I'm thinking as well!! Again, just like Kate x M&M, this was a recipe for success. You have the supers and Chris Colls. What could possibly go wrong?

I will say this - Nina doesn't play. To not only persuade these greats to shoot for US Elle, but to have them share multi covers is a feat.

Not sure what to make of the causes though.....

Weirdly enough the fact that Anja looks *deliberately* sad endears her cover to me the most. Haven’t bought an issue of Elle is years but I might have to pick this up. Just for Anja.

OMG, there's not even one good cover here... How is it even possible?

Yes! At first glance they all looked great to me but you stare at them for five seconds and you start to notice that the models' faces are almost melting, their poses are contrived and awkward and the quality of the photos is just not there. What a missed opportunity with this stellar cast.

Sorry, but my first thought when a saw this was: "fashion models on the cover of US Elle???" My Lord, it's been zillion years since the last time!!! And as argentinian I must said you're lucky, you don't need to pay extra every month to read Elle:cry::lol:

Fantastic, love them all, but cut above is the Gisele shot! She just delivers, and understands her brand 100%!

US ELLE, is really making me miss the old Vogue less!

Nina is not playing! Go girl!
I like Gisele and Doutzen....
Naomi is a disaster.

Kudos to Nina.

Doutzen's cover is the standout here! I've seen Gisele and Naomi's cover (poses) too many times I've lost count.

That's what I'm thinking as well!! Again, just like Kate x M&M, this was a recipe for success. You have the supers and Chris Colls. What could possibly go wrong?

I will say this - Nina doesn't play. To not only persuade these greats to shoot for US Elle, but to have them share multi covers is a feat.

Not sure what to make of the causes though.....

I didn’t even get to the causes... The poor execution simply incapacitated me to look at anything else.

How telling that there’s only one pic of Naomi, and it’s also the one used for the cover.

Chris colls work never been that bland and basic, even in Russian vogue, where they always kill photographers creativity with catalogue-Esque vibe. But elle USA stepped beyond, I didn’t thunk it’s possible to do such boredom in 2019

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->