US Elle June 2014: Angelina Jolie by Hedi Slimane

so dull cover as well as editorial, maybe the dullest I have ever seen

Last edited by a moderator:
That wasn't my point, of course Vogue is ahead of other magazines, but Angelina had a Marie Claire cover in 2012, which is another proof almost anyone can get anyone (in the US of course).

Yes, but Angelina only did Marie Claire because she had them sponsor a screening of her movie, "In the Land of Blood and Honey".

Stunningly beautiful Angelina! I love the sharpness of the cover and the ed. She's such a timeless beauty; Hedi was perfect for this!

Oh I'm sure one Mrs. Middleton has turned Vogue down.

Yes, well she turned EVERYONE down, Jolie doesn't do many magazines either, and like i said Glamour failed to get her for years now. They wanted her for their Women of The Year issue, and even went as far to offer her an award in conjunction with the cover. And they were turned down, but i think it might happen this year since she has a movie out at the time of their awards.

I like Jolie because she doesn't pretend fashion to be focus of her life, she uses them when she needs to. But if she wanted, she could be on every cover under the sun. You dont see Cate, Cameron or Gwyneth turning down covers!

She looks fantastic and I like the styling but the cover looks a wee bit dated IMO. Still a great cover though.

Definitely major for Elle, but I can see why she went for it. She'll be on the cover of 20 of the International editions and she has a major movie coming out in all of those territories. One interview + one photoshoot = 20 covers -- good deal!

No one other magazine could've promised that. All of the Vogue's are too individual.

Stunning cover :heart: , finally she got something right now about for her new movie.

Yes, well she turned EVERYONE down, Jolie doesn't do many magazines either, and like i said Glamour failed to get her for years now. They wanted her for their Women of The Year issue, and even went as far to offer her an award in conjunction with the cover. And they were turned down, but i think it might happen this year since she has a movie out at the time of their awards.

I like Jolie because she doesn't pretend fashion to be focus of her life, she uses them when she needs to. But if she wanted, she could be on every cover under the sun. You dont see Cate, Cameron or Gwyneth turning down covers!

Very true about other actresses not turning anything down. I think that was the point the previous poster was trying to make about any magazine being able to land any subject. You are also right about Vogue being at the top of the list. Usually they'll choose Vogue first then do everything else under the sun. This is why I find this to be a big get for Elle. I can't think of any other actress who is very selective with her cover choices beside Angelina. I don't think she's ever even done Bazaar.. They had to do that awful paparazzi cover.

It is indeed a big coup for Elle, this is going to be reprinted everywhere for sure. Elle in the US has such a different demographic to Elle in the UK, I always find that pretty interesting. This would NEVER be a British Elle cover.

I don't mind seeing Angelina at all, she photographs beautifully but it's a shame there is a little more fashion in it, I'd love to see her do some fantastically fashion orientated shoot for Interview or W. Her appearances have always been quite natural.

A very elegant editorial. It isn't anything I haven't seen from Angelina, but it works.

Lais Ribiero! Gorgeous.

Angie is peak on every level!

A 100% true!

And just because of that, she doesn't feel the need to be in magazines - especially, NOT in the fashion magazines! - or to be more "edgy" or "avantgarde" in order to please somebody of whose existence she doesn't even have any awareness of! She is so POWERFUL and ICONIC just the way she is and if some of you are unable to see it... well, maybe it's time to ask yourself WHY is that so.

P.S. Not liking her (or anybody else for that matter) is totally fine, but saying that she is "boring" or "vintage" is just... well, don't make me to say it out loud! :rolleyes:

Yes! I was about to say it looks like vintage Angie. Tomb Raider/Billy Bob era.

Oh my goshhhh YES you got it!!! This was also my reference for this cover!!! :flower: héhé

so dull cover as well as editorial, maybe the dullest I have ever seen

so ture!
she looks so dull on the cover
and the articles are about the kids , the wedding plans again and again
so sick of it all.......Zzzzzzzzzzzzz sleeping already from boredom.

Nothing super creative and new here, but there's no doubting how gorgeous Angelina is.

Love the cover and the ed, in black and white, simple but stunning. She is looking great. I hope more covers are coming, now with the Maleficent promotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->