US Elle June 2019 : Indya Moore by Zoey Grossman & Celine Dion by Tom Munro

Tom Munro is so much better than this, and why does she look like Nina Garcia??

Aim for an Oscar, settle for a Golden Globe.

It’s a striking shot, but it doesn’t work as a cover. One could hardly identify her with all that fabric covering half her face. Major kudos for such an unexpected cover subject, though.

Hopefully, this is the subscription cover, because while not awful, I very much doubt it's the kind of shot which will attract impulse buyers. All I see is dress. I'm actually very keen to find out how well a Celine Dion cover will sell in America?

At the end of the day, I see this cover as a reward for all those fashion shows we got from Celine, lol. God knows she's been working SO hard for editors to acknowledge her and it sadly didn't quite go the way I think she bargained on.

At least it's a refreshing choice.

Not a fan of this or last month's with Dua....that makes three in a row for music

Im disappointed. She is trying to build a high fashion image to herself and them she let Nina do this to her? This is plain and basic, too american oriented, there is nothing here, hiding the face doesn't make you look mysterious couture lady.

Nina became insanely lazy. What happened

Also, if I were Celine, I’d be PISSED with this cover and the editorial.

2 of 3 shots release so far had Celine’s face BARELY seen! The cover HIDES half of her face.

This magazine can’t even celebrate the beauty of Celine in all its glory! And yet we have the young ones all zoomed up (ahem Taylor)

P.S.: this reminded me of that Vogue Paris December cover of Ines De La Fressange (white backdrop, red masthead, short messy hair, black outfit)

A short while ago, I walked into a room where I was confronted by Celine Dion in a L'Oreal TV commercial for hair colour. This is only getting started...

As pretentious as her sudden fashion enlightenment.
The recent push from her stylist to the fashion industry is a bit OTT but she has always been a fashion person...

I mean, she was doing daring fashion choices when it wasn’t necessarly championed. The Dior Couture from 1999 has been a meme for years...
She was one of the first one to wear Balmain, always been a champion of High Fashion.

I don’t really like her music and find her current style a bit off but for once that we have a person other than Madonna, who has a genuine and long lasting love for HF, i’m Not going to complain.

That being said, horrible cover...As horrible and cheesy as her L’Oreal ad.

Who is asking for this?!
How many people in the industry were pining for a sudden Celine resurgence?
Me neither.
The magazine industry is faltering not from lack of interest or ad revenue moving online. It's because they got boring as hell.

Don't give her any ideas about what direction she could go in, I don't think I could cope with S&M Dion.
I remember a story of her in V by Carlyne. It was tacky sexy à la CDD... It’s only a matter of time before we see Celine in that.:lol::lol::lol:

Saw the ed, Nina did her wrong, wrong, wrong.
Awful hair and make-up..

Love it!!! very surprise choice though.

That cover doesn't do her justice at all... plain and basic US Elle cover. If I saw this on newsstands, nothing in that cover would intrigue me to buy it.

I think Tom doesn't like Celine. I saw the editorial and you can hardly see her face in any of the shots... there is also one black & white shot we should have never seen the daylight...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hasunny428
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->