US Elle March 2009 : Jessica Alba By Carter Smith

tarsha

Reaction score
There's not a cover yet, but one image from elle.com/covershoots

On giving birth: “Contractions aren’t that bad. If you’ve ever had bad cramps? That’s what they’re like. But that moment when they put the baby on your chest – that’s deep. It’s a deep experience.”
On snapping back into shape so quickly after giving birth: “I did it for the Campari job. [The workouts] were horrible. I cried. And I haven’t worked out since.”
Her secret to looking slim after giving birth: “I wore a girdle. Eight weeks after my girlfriend had her baby, you could see her six-pack. She told me to put an elastic band around my waist – any kind of band or girdle works. She was like, “I slept in it.” I didn’t recover as fast as she did. I don’t have a six-pack – that’s just not my body at all.”
On separation anxiety: “This is the first time I’ve been away from her. It’s been six days. It sucks; it’s the worst thing ever. But we Skype, so I can see her on video. The worst is when you can see her little chubby hands grab the screen, and I’m not there. [She pauses, her eyes welling up, then laughs as she wipes the tears away.] That’s a new thing – I never cried before. Just being a mother is making me a big, weepy mess.”
On fashion: “I’ve always loved beautiful clothes, but I’m not very hip to the coolest, newest, most fashionable thing. I’ve always liked mixing casual things with nice, beautiful pieces – mixing masculine and feminine. I just didn’t always know how to do it. As a kid, I bought random, thrift store stuff and hoped that it worked. Sometimes it didn’t.”
On her husband having a say in what she wears: “Whether I’m dressed as a boy or wearing a gown, he’s pretty cool about it all. He doesn’t want to change me. He’s always like, “Okay, whatever makes you happy.”
On having an exotic look: “Anyone who’s part of pop culture is going to be sensationalized and spun into something, some one-liner. Also, there aren’t many other stars, besides Halle Berry and Jennifer Lopez, who most people in the world can related to. We look like people of the world – I can kind of mix in with girls in Asia, South America, Europe.”

CHECK OUT THE MARCH ISSUE OF ELLE FOR THE FULL STORY ON JESSICA ALBA
first picture and article: elle.com
second picture : justjared.com

Last edited by a moderator:
The styling looks quite good ^_^

Jessica again? :blink:
This time she's looking prettier.

US Elle should take some pointers from US Vogue and use new girls. I mean, didnt Jessica Alba have the cover February last year??

the second shot just about looks like her,she looks really good i like; but the guy is a bit off putting

who are the two photographers? or maybe models?

Jessica Alba is beautiful & looks great...looking forward for seing the cover!

I DETEST her. Why is she on the cover? Again. I'm praying this issue makes up in fabulous content.

Apparently Jessica poses alongside young designers (Jason Wu included!) for her editorial!

Ugh, the US needs to get models on the covers, and stop putting the same celebs on the covers year after year.

I still can't believe she's a mother. Dunno, it's so weird to me.

But she looks good there.

Ugh, the US needs to get models on the covers, and stop putting the same celebs on the covers year after year.

In at least the US, models do not sell as well as celebrities do. It's that simple

cover from X17
albaellemarcg32a57c0mm0.jpg

Nice I like it! Could have been better without the bangs tho.

She looks pretty good, like how she looks a bit different this time round.
She usually has this same look in photoshoots in the past :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armanmkhitaryan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->