US Elle March 2010 : Keira Knightley by Carter Smith

"Seeing Is Believing"
Photographer: Max Farago
Stylist: Camille Bidault-Waddington
Model: Egle Tvirbutaite

My scans

^Thank you so much for scanning those! Egle just can't do any wrong :wub:

This issue has 408 pages and it's full of new ads.

cover: Boring. Keira is usually better that on cover.

Cover is okay, nothing special. The inside is not to my taste either. How disappointing.

I often buy US Elle to fill the time when travelling, and what seems a boring issue at first glance can slowly reveal itself to have more content than I gave it credit for. Nothing looks interesting at the start, but then I start noticing all sorts of things hidden away in the 'small print' of the rather dense page design.

Two more scans from Keira's "Quite Knightley" feature in this issue:

Source: sweet-keira.net

These two pictures are actually by far the best of her bunch imho. Though I'm not sure that's saying a lot. :lol:

Physical Attraction : Ashley Smith by Richard Bush

Physical Attraction
Model: Ashley Smith
Photographer: Richard Bush
Stylist: Sarah Richardson
Source: Holofotes.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Elle US March 2010 "Report for Duty"

Ph: Serge Leblon
Model: Mathilde at Next
Stylist: Samuel Francois
Magazine: Elle US

Elle US March 2010 "Something Wilde"

Ph: Dusan Reljin
Actress: Olivia Wilde
Stylist: Benjamin Sturgill
Magazine: Elle US

Elle US March 2010 "Objects of Desire"

Objects of Desire
Model: Daniela Borges
Photographer: Thomas Lagrange
Stylist: Claire Dhelens
Accessories editors: Ellyn Chestnut & Kate Davidson Hudson

A PLACE IN THE SUN
Model: Shannan Click
Hair: Dennis Devoy
Makeup: Kaoru Okubo
Stylist: Samira Nasr
Photographer: Laurie Bartley

source | simplycelebs.com via helligirl

I have to say that is one of the lamest magazine features Keira has had yet, and definitely the worst Elle spread of hers. Where is the oomph?

I like Keira in a lot of ways, and she is undeniably photogenic, but if anything can be described as a "hot mess", it's this. What a waste of potential and paper. :yuk: With each new issue of US Elle, I'm beginning to more and more doubt Carter Smith's vision as a photographer. I.e. that he doesn't have one. He really is sometimes just the poor man's Matt Jones.

Not a single(!) shot in Keira's ed strikes me as particularly good, expression- or otherwise. And what on Earth happened in the styling process? The hair is just all over the place to say the least, the eye make-up in particular is rather heavy on someone with such a defined face as Keira's, and the clothing in large part neither fit a common theme or the settings in which this shoot was photographed. What a clusterfrak!

Olivia Wilde's ed, on the other hand, is just as gorgeous as I'd hoped. I love the sleek settings and the sexy pieces, and the variance in the angles and Olivia's poses. I also love the use of the settings here; if you're going to shoot outdoors, why not make full use of what's available. I particularly love the gorgeous shot on page 385, and the striking opening shot; the turquoise water is so amazing against the red. If that's not an eyecatcher, I don't know what is. Personally, this is about 80 times sexier than any GQ shoot she's ever done.

Also, love the way the article begins:

Yes, of course she was a beautiful baby.

you have no idea how much i love that last editorial. thanks so much :heart:

What an amazing issue so far :smile: Thanks everybody for the scans :smile:

I love all the editorials! Except for Keira's shoot. She doesn't look great in it and I dislike the styling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->