SMOOTH ATTITUDE
Photographer: NICOLAS MOORE
Stylist: Daniel Edley
Hair: Rita Marmor
Make-Up: Frankie Boyd
Models: Shaughnessy Brown & Chey Carty

US Elle Digital Edition

↑ Angelina wears (On the Cover) Saint Laurent Spring 2018 RTW:

Thanks for this! I'm actually wondering how much nicer it would've been to see a shot showing the top in full.

It's interesting to see Raymond Meier take centre stage when his edits always used to be towards the end in Vogue. His story is definitely the best I've seen in this magazine in some time. Hope they'll continue working with him.
And Lameka Fox may not have the nicest personality, but I cannot help warming to her modelling work (especially for Elle.) She's got great presence and looks.

It looks like Nina and Stephen will definitely amp up the fashion prestige of this magazine, high time too. It certainly looks promising, but I still see too many traces of the old Elle here. The annoying obsession with studio shoots and Paola Kudacki! Get rid of those, keep the lower tier Instagirls such as Hailey Baldwin out, and at least try to incorporate more art into the fashion imagery. US Elle can be very literal with their edits. There's no need for that, not even campaigns for this route.

That SMOOTH ATTITUDE editorial is really beautiful. These girls have the most glorious skin! Wow.

Also just wanted to say that I was in a Chapters (bookstore here in Canada) and walking past the magazines this cover truly stands out. It looks incredibly sharp and glam on the rack.

MISE-EN-SCÈNE
Photographer: Raymond Meier
Stylist: Elissa Santisi
Hair: Peter Gray
Make-Up: Kabuki
Model: Josefien Rodermans

I love this, so interesting. The best I´ve seen on Elle in a long time, is this Meier first time shooting?

Thanks for sharing, Zorka :flower:

I love this, so interesting. The best I´ve seen on Elle in a long time, is this Meier first time shooting?

Thanks for sharing, Zorka :flower:

For US Elle? Yes! Not that he need it, but with the right direction we can see a resurgence of his style. What I find interesting about Elle is that they had a lot of great opportunities which they mismanaged. Michael Thompson, Bensimon. These guys should be used on a trial basis. Giving them a cover or edit once a year is not enough to translate their newfound aesthetic.

Raymond Meier and Elissa...that makes me miss the good ol' days of US Vogue :(. I love the first image with the Marc Jacobs set against the skyline.

Lameka's edit has so much going for it but she doesn't quite pull it off for me despite the styling and lush setting (desert stories are probably one of my all-time fave themes).

Found this issue in my local WH Smith today and have to say I was incredibly impressed. It really stood out on the shelf and flipping through it I loved the layout and found the written content and editorials very interesting. Compared to the current UK edition with Alicia Vikander, this is miles ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"