US Elle May 2018 : Charlize Theron by Mario Sorrenti

serendipity8777

Reaction score
s-l1600.jpg

kevinkkelly1 on ebay

That’s the best photo and tag line they could come up with? Exactly why I haven’t bought US Elle in years.

The styling and lighting are questionable, but I enjoy it overall. It reminds me of that Natasha VP cover from 2008 (?). Beach shoots are always up my alley.

She's normally very photogenic, but this is certainly one of her worst covers. Not her fault though. Why was it taken from that angle? And with the cape?

Also, did Elle run out of a selling point for Charlize? Last I checked she's a single parent who adopted and seems to be raising her kids with a gender neutral mentality (just like March covergirl Angelina Jolie.) Why the fanfare?

WTH, is this?!! How do you ruin someone as photogenic as Theron! And that stlying, for a beach shot, hahaha Garcia is clueless!

It's a weird cover, but I don't hate it at all.
I appreciate experimentation.

I suppose a beach/water shot beats a grey background, but for a second month in a row? It could be Kim again.

Photographed by Mario Sorrenti
Styled by George Cortina
Hair by Enzo Angileri
Makeup by Kate Lee
Manicure by Lisa Jachno

lPVRoMYB_o.jpg

justjared, elle.com

What? Cortina?
One of my favorite letting me down?
Really George, what’s going on with that poncho!!??

Horrible styling but I like the light play and pose.

What´s going on with magazines styling summer covers like it´s November?!

Interesting to see Mario Sorrenti working for US Elle.

What? Cortina?
One of my favorite letting me down?
Really George, what’s going on with that poncho!!??

Agree but I gotta say Nina continues to impress. She put Charlize, Sorrenti, and Cortina together, the results she have been much better.

I’m hoping the pic with the hat will be the subscriber cover with a bright yellow masthead maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m hoping the pic with the hat will be the subscriber cover with a bright yellow masthead maybe.

You're close - it is a hat shot!

twitter.com/ninagarcia

On a side note, why am I not bothered by the poncho? :ninja: It looks like a regular beach outfit on a windy spring day for me.

This and the new issue of V. George Cortina is some explanation to do with all these bad styling. I like the idea of it but with Charlize and Mario Sorrenti on a beach, I expect more.

You're close - it is a hat shot!

*As per tFS Community Rules, please DO NOT quote images. Thank you!

twitter.com/ninagarcia

On a side note, why am I not bothered by the poncho? :ninja: It looks like a regular beach outfit on a windy spring day for me.

For me, all that black (even a turtleneck) for an american magazine is so weird. There's something very heavy about this ed. I should concentrate on the person but the clothes takes to much place in a way...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a real soft spot for Charlize, but that's a pretty bad newsstand cover. The subscriber cover is far superior imo

So strange to see Mario (and GC) working for US Elle.

I only like the Marc Jacobs hat shots/sub covers. Remember the W cover she did with Craig 10 years ago (the whole issue shot in the desert :cool2:smile:? This similar set up pales in comparison.

is this the real thing? the font looks weird on the beach cover...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->