US Elle May 2021 : The ‘Rising Stars’ Issue

I kind of like it. I dont think the pose fits in a cover, but I like the styling. Its something different than what Elle usually puts out these days.

No idea who this is and I consider myself to be fairly clued up with pop culture. There is such a thing as too soon. What if her career fizzle out over the next 12 months?
The angle is definitely not coverworthy nor flattering but then the fact that Petra Collins should account for that.

Two songs into her career and she's already booking covers? lol okay

Don't mind her actually, it's an alright cover perhaps a bit more suitable for a Subscribers edition.

No idea who this is and I consider myself to be fairly clued up with pop culture.

Oh come on, you must've heard Drivers License on the radio at some point, it was like the hottest song for a moment back in January :rofl:

Not a fan of both covers but I'm so happy for her. I think this kid will go places.

Oh come on, you must've heard Drivers License on the radio at some point, it was like the hottest song for a moment back in January :rofl:

No, I'm afraid not. I think I must've been busy during those 2 minutes, :lol:
I mean covers like these will make me respect Rosalia.

I genuinely had to say who then I saw that description of that song which I’ve never actually personally listened to lol

She looks fun and alive.. considering that godawful song of hers.

"Olivia Rodrigo drops the mic"

not with her repetitive songs and cheesy lyrics she's not.

The styling made the cover look busy. The camera angle worsened it.

I wish her hair was styled better and sleeker because it just added a lot of mess to an already busy cover.

I have no idea who she is and no desire really to know her. The cover shots are just meh. Could have been much better. I don’t expect much in terms of grand artistic expression with Elle magazine. But the art direction on the cover is much better than that of Harper’s Bazaar US. Not too many captions and a wonderful juxtaposition from the glamour font of the masthead and the futuristic font of the headlines.

Both of her songs made it to the top 10 of billboard. Still, I'm not into neither of them.

But I've watched her Disney show, and she's a cute girl. She's definitely talented and I guess we'll be seeing and hearing a lot from her in the upcoming months.

Her look fits something like Teen Vogue tho. Not Elle.

@ everyone asking “Who?”:

Her music sucks, though she’s freshly 18… so I’ll try not to be too harsh. Not a fan of these covers.

So it's a multiple cover issue. I love Zazie Beetz as well. She did Domino justice on Deadpool 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"