US Elle November 2010 : Kate Hudson, Hilary Swank & Gwyneth Paltrow

like all covers :D i love this magazine. and sofia!! yay

Absolutely love Kate's cover outfit. Right when i saw this from Marc Jacobs Resort 2011 collection, i knew it would be a popular one.

I think that's the best Hilary Swank cover I've ever seen.

Beautiful, all of them.

Elle's outdoors covers are always great.

I really hate the multiple cover trend :yuk:

That being said, all three covers are sort of nice, which is shocking, considering their anniversary issue featured a bunch of random people on ugly covers. And now they have three A-list actresses on gorgeous covers for a November issue? Weird.

I like Kate's best. I don't care for her as an actress, but I've yet to see a magazine cover where she doesn't look freaking amazing. Love it.

I locve Hilary's cover.

That being said, all three covers are sort of nice, which is shocking, considering their anniversary issue featured a bunch of random people on ugly covers.

They weren't that random. They chose actresses (and Lauren Conrad) who are 25-years-old to be on their 25th anniversary issue. It does make sense why they chose to go that route.

Bit bigger covers.

kate-hudson-elle-cover-pink-skirt-white-top-240ssl100810.jpg
gwynth.jpg
hilary.jpg

stylelist

They weren't that random. They chose actresses (and Lauren Conrad) who are 25-years-old to be on their 25th anniversary issue. It does make sense why they chose to go that route.
But I still don't think the cover choices were really relevant to the fashion world or had anything to do with Elle's anniversary other than their age. I didn't even know all of them :lol: No offense, I just think this month's covers are a huge upgrade from last month. (And BTW, Megan Fox is 25? Really :huh:)

To me, it seemed like "magazine finds new-sounding excuse to use people the same age as can be seen in every issue".

But I still don't think the cover choices were really relevant to the fashion world or had anything to do with Elle's anniversary other than their age. I didn't even know all of them :lol: No offense, I just think this month's covers are a huge upgrade from last month. (And BTW, Megan Fox is 25? Really :huh:)

:lol: None taken. Elle is my least favourite fashion magazine.

^mine too :innocent: lol

these are three decent covers, I almost feel like they shouldn't have had three covers for one issue and saved these to use throughout the year. Chances are next month it will go back to being awful again. I do really love Kate's cover though, makes me wish it were spring again.

They've got an actress I love, one about whom I feel totally indifferent, and one I loathe.

I was the Kate cover, just because It looks the best, but I really love Gwyneth. Hmm... decisions, decisions.

But how many times? Yes, it's a different edition but US Elle should consider who was on the cover of second major (UK) edition just month ago. Wait at least 3 months.

I've always got the feeling that the US Magazines don't care what their overseas counterparts do and that they feel that the US version is superior (this includes Bazaar and Vogue) which to a lot of us is not true.

As for the covers when I look at these you can tell it's US Elle. Gwyenth and Kates are very spring fresh. Is the Kruger aka Diane? Wish she had a cover too.

I really wish Sofia had a cover. Instead, Elle can't even get her name right

Yes, I just noticed that it is on the actual magazine cover (the photos are so small I didn't look closely before), but on Elle.com they misspelled it several times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->