US Elle November 2021 : The 'Women In Hollywood' Issue by Greg Williams

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Cast: Angelina Jolie, Gemma Chan, Lauren Ridloff, Salma Hayek, Rita Moreno, Halle Berry, Jennifer Hudson, Jodie Comer and Gal Gadot:

INSTAGRAM/NINAGARCIA

Angelina doesn't appear on covers. She blesses them.

Angelina, Jodie and Gal are my favourites. shame there isn’t a group shot la Vanity Fair. I miss those issues so much!!

Salma's cover is terrible... I'm happy to see Rita (AN EGOT LEGEND)!

why so bad Halle? such awful position, also Angelina really stuns here and so happy for Rita Moreno,she looks good for her age,a bit like Jane Fonda.

So they assemble this massive group, a truly impressive lineup of talented and beautiful women, some of them major A-listers, and *this* is what they come up with? Astounding what passes for cover-worthy photography these days.

God, that's a lot of covers and more than half of them are hideous. It's all very amateur and unflattering for the women.

Angelina and Gemma are the only two that work for me. I adore Jodie so her cover could pass as well, but that's it. The rest are just dreadful.. Halle looks nothing like herself and do all magazines just generally hate Jennifer Hudson? How does that gorgeous woman always end up looking like a mess on magazine covers? The styling did her dirty.
In general all the colours here are ugly and unflattering, I can't imagine what prompted them to hire Greg Williams of all people. Just imagine how fabulous they all would've looked if they were shot in Inez & Vinoodh's classic portrait style or even Alique.

Last edited:
The cover shots all look like photos some influencer would post on Instagram, but (depressingly) that's probably the point.

Did they do “photoshoot from home through macbook” kinda thing? These covers are amateur

I keep coming back to this thread to laugh at them all over again. Was Salma’s cover shot by someone’s grandma on a Jitterbug phone? I’m in a state of disbelief. So bad.

None of these covers are good, but they could have stopped with Angelina.
Three of these women I've never even heard of, and three others are completely irrelevant.
When magazines do these kinds of multiple covers, it just tells me they have no focus, and are scrambling to see what sticks.

None of these covers are good, but they could have stopped with Angelina.
Three of these women I've never even heard of, and three others are completely irrelevant.

Extremely curious to know who you've never heard of (aside from, I assume, Lauren) and who you consider irrelevant.

I know all of them minus one but I cannot say I'm particularly interested in anyone other than Jodie Comer. These covers are a masterclass in uncomfortable posing and bad styling.

Angelina is the clear stand-out for me, as always, and I'll never complain about seeing Gemma but some of the other covers are a choice. Which is a shame, as the cast itself is pretty terrific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->