tentalicious

Reaction score
Subscriber's Cover
julia-roberts-240.jpg

-Handbag Queen via people.com-

Newsstand Covers

source | elle.com via Vogue28

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually sort of like it? It's nice.. there will be multiple covers of her I believe? I wonder if to represent 'Eat' or something, and there'll be ones for 'pray' and 'love'...

It's very Un-Elle like... very sophisticated styling.

Yeah, not very Elle, and usual covers that they do, so cool points for trying something different. Although this does seem like a subs cover though, no way they would do this for the newstand one. No eye contact, strange face expression, whats the story with the watermelon? Disconnect, not a cover image i would pick to sell copies of my magazine.

Last edited by a moderator:
is that a watermelon? :unsure: I don't like how sepia toned the cover is. As well as her hair, expression and what she's wearing..
Besides the fact that she has a movie coming out (that is the accompanying text) it looks like a pretty random cover to me.

Love the layout and composition. There's something off about her face, but still a great and different cover for Elle.

what the hell is with her face? i am sorry but she looks like she is dead...

Great way to plug her new movie, now I really want to see it!

I actually sort of like it? It's nice.. there will be multiple covers of her I believe? I wonder if to represent 'Eat' or something, and there'll be ones for 'pray' and 'love'...

It's very Un-Elle like... very sophisticated styling.

I agree with this post in every way. lol

This is quite different for Elle - I really enjoy the overall image even though Julia looks somewhat strange there.

I don't like it, and think that it might be a subscriber's cover.

From her interview:

Julia Roberts wants to age gracefully, but there’s another reason why she’ll say no to plastic surgery – especially on her face.

“I want my kids to know when I’m pissed, when I’m happy and when I’m confounded,” the actress, 42, and new face of Lancome, tells Elle in its September issue. “Your face tells a story and it shouldn’t be a story about your drive to the doctor’s office.”

Roberts says she simply doesn’t understand why some would go to all lengths to hold onto their youth.

“It’s unfortunate that we live in such a panicked, dysmorphic society where women don’t even give themselves a chance to see what they’ll look like as older persons. I want to have some idea of what I’ll look like before I start cleaning the slates,” she says.

For now, the Eat Pray Love star is embracing her natural good looks, which landed her on PEOPLE’s 2010 Most Beautiful issue cover for the fourth time. Her only fears? They’re “more parental.”

“You make these people and you love them and you want them around for a thousand years,” she says about her three kids – 3-year-old Henry and 5-year-old twins Phinnaeus and Hazel – with cameraman Danny Moder. “And you want to be there for them for a thousand years.”

The entire Roberts-Moder family, she reveals, goes to temple together to “chant and pray and celebrate. I’m definitely a practicing Hindu,” says Roberts, who grew up with a Catholic mother and Baptist father.

And since in Hindu cosmology souls can be reincarnated in other bodies, where does she see herself in the next life? “Golly, I’ve been so spoiled with my friends and family in this life,” she says. “Next time I want to be just something quiet and supporting.”
Yahoo.com

oh, sh*t this is amazing.
im in love with this cover, entirely.

I hate this cover, why Elle? WHY?! Thank God I get UK Elle.

It's a strange choice of picture for the cover, especially for Elle. I quite like it though, but it would work better as an editorial picture, which I assume it is but the cover text and cropping is kind of ruining it for me. At least it's not boring though.

I like Julia Roberts as an actress, BUT she just does not make a good cover girl! I think this is the subscriber's cover. At least I hope so because IMO, it's really bad.

There are three covers.

Well, so all original reports say. People magazine's said has this up as being the cover, so it could turn out to be one of the newstand covers after all.

not a fan if this is the newstand which i dont think it is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->