US Elle September 2011 : Gwyneth Paltrow by Carter Smith

KoV

Reaction score
EL0911_WLGwyneth_08.jpg

elle.com

oh lord, could this woman get any more overexposed? what is america's fascination with her?!

This is so incredibly boring. The cover choice, the shoot, it's just uninspired. I'd like more wow factor from a September issue. Perhaps the other contents will be better.

I can't stand her. The b&w is the only decent picture. At least she's not singing.

How many numbers does this cover need to attract attention. The over-sized digits caught my attention first, not Gwyneth. She looks lovely on the cover but not the type I`ll use for a cover. It looks like one of those test shots. She also looks a bit sleepy. The last shot with the red dress could have been a far way better cover than the real one. Her editorial looks okay. The sunshine effect was overly used in Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake`s editorial last month. It`s so unoriginal now. The shot with the Louis Vuitton is just bad. I love how they went away with the white background for the September Issue but this falls short. It doesn`t live up to the September Issue standards. It could pass for a May or November issue. The August issue was way better than this one. Lea Michelle`s September Harper`s Bazaar stands out more than this. I`ve expected more from Elle. Sadly, Elle will also get eaten up by Kate`s US Vogue cover.

*Sorry for the continuous reference to Kate`s September cover.

she used to be a VOGUE girl, she looks so fake in this issue, like a middle class Gwineth.

dailymail.co.uk

What's happened with the other thread about the same issue? With all the eds + review???

^^there was a copyright issue and we were asked by hearst to remove it.

I love the ed with Stephanie Seymour in it :heart:

She is defo overused by magazines to a point of ridiculous, but i like this, the cover looks good, although some photos in her spread are a bit bland.

And yes La Seymour in this issue looks amazing!

Thanks for the explanation.

It's interesting how the previous thread was full of positive comments whereas this one isn't.

she looks good though the angle on the cover would have been better

I figured that's what happened, but hoped this thread would be okay, since the images have now been released by Elle. Hope I didn't do anything wrong...

I figured that's what happened, but hoped this thread would be okay, since the images have now been released by Elle. Hope I didn't do anything wrong...

i think it should be ok :flower:
we haven't heard anything from hearst about this thread and the image came from elle's website

^ Burberry Prorsum AW2011/12 top, Julian McDonald AW2011/12 shorts - newstands, Louis Vuitton AW2011/12 - subs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->