US Elle September 2018 : Emma Stone by Ben Hassett

Love Emma but I have seen from this 300 times before. Its not ugly but, at this point im bored with fashion persona.

Strange that Nina's September cover is her weakest yet! There's nothing exciting about this at all, and the tagline is cringeworthy.

The first shot of Emma’s editorial would have been a stunning cover (sans the styling).

Of all the months to be lazy, Nina decided to choose September. Her covers have been stunning, and this just left me cold. Unless the sales of the other covers were bad that they had to go back to their usual formula

Spoke to a friend who works in the magazine trade last night and he reckons with March and September, or any terribly important issue, the main coverlines are actually dictated by the suits nowadays. That's where we're at right now. Gone are the days when the copy and art team brainstormed these ideas. And apparently audiences respond really well to contrived tags such as 'The Fashion Issue' or 'Top Coats and Bags for Winter', may explain why US Bazaar is still alive and also why British Vogue send out surveys to decide on which ones to run with.

Got this in the mail today. 412 pages

Review:

Accessories edit- "Diamonds in the Rough"
P: Tom Schirmacher
S: Deborah Watson
M: Lila Cardona

"Take the Fall"
P: Chris Colls
S: Paul Cavaco
M: Taylor Hill, Hannah Ferguson, Yasmin Wijnaldum

"Final Frontier"
P: Cole Sprouse (huh?)
S: Natasha Royt
M: Charlee Fraser

"Touch the Sky"
P: Zoey Grossman
S: Charles Varenne
M: Elsa Hosk

"Icy Hot"
P: Sebastian Kim
S: Katie Mossman
M: Georgia Fowler

"Emma Unplugged"
P: Ben Hassett
S: Samira Nasr

"The Patriot"
Ralph Lauren by Alexei Lubomirski
Lameka Fox by Max Papendieck
S: Vanessa Chow

"American Balmoral"
P: Paola Kudacki
S: Samira Nasr
M: Wayne Booth

Articles/profiles include: Omarosa, Cynthia Nixon, "The Miss America Revolution," Celeste Dupuy-Spencer, and a model ones to watch feature

Omarosa Manigault in the same issue as Cynthia Nixon, lol, interesting! Can't wait to get my copy, want to see where they go with this.

Omarosa and Cynthia Nixon... in one article... interviewing each other...

is this magazine that desperate for attention? Someones looking for a shock value.

Lol, they can be quite witty when they come out to play. I happen to remember their takedown cloaked as an apology puff piece about Louise Linton (whose name I keep mistaking for Letty Lynton, one of Joan Crawford's early talkies about an impetuous socialite.....:innocent:) Apparently Louise herself believed the article would repair her image, airheaded as she was, but all it did was add fuel to the fire. So I wouldn't be surprised if Elle set up Omarosa as well. Lol.

Vogue may secure the Pope and other rare exclusives, but I much prefer Elle's written content. It's modern, punchy, and seem less PR approved in tone than Vogue. Elle is also different because unlike Vogue they don't NEED high profile gets or exclusives. They're fine without an Omarosa exclusive because readers are more interested in the magazine's pov anyway.

Last edited:
Picked up this issue at the airport yesterday and I was pretty impressed! Not my favourite cover under Nina by any means but as a whole it looks sleek and directional, and the written content isn't bad either. This and the Instyle cover with Jennifer Aniston looked most attractive on the newsstand, especially compared to Conde Nast's bland offerings this month.

Omarosa and Cynthia Nixon... in one article... interviewing each other...

is this magazine that desperate for attention? Someones looking for a shock value.

They don't interview each other. Interesting, though, that Nixon got only a 2/3 page interview with a stock photo while Omarosa got a long profile with an original pic

"Touch the Sky"

Photographer: Zoey Grossman
Stylist: Charles Varenne
Hair: Shin Arima
Make-up: Tyron Machhausen

Model: Elsa Hosk

Credit: Fashion Gone Rogue (fashiongonerogue.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->