US Elle Summer 2020 : Rosalia by Zoey Grossman

I suppose the second cover, which I imagine is the newsstand one is the best here? Hair and makeup look great, not a fan of the 'slim waist' pose. In 2020, really? :ermm:

I like the photos, and I’m pleasantly surprised they chose her, since she’s not gotten many covers yet. Maybe 3 months on newsstands will help boost her profile? As of now, her actual popularity certainly does not match her hype, at least in the US. I’d say maybe.... 1 in 25 Americans, if I’m being generous, know who she is.

Business as usual for Hearst Magazines I see.

This is okay.

Would've liked more neck in the second cover, but it's definitely superior to the floral one. If you zoom it a little, you've got yoursel an i-D cover!

Not the type of outfits I want to see on a newsstand during the hot summer months.
Also, not much interested in the cover subject.

Not the type of outfits I want to see on a newsstand during the hot summer months.
Also, not much interested in the cover subject.

tenor.gif

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Finally a magazine that has done her justice; she looked like a corpse on Vogue Spain, it was painful to see. And re: the heavy styling, how fitting given that everyone seems to be in the comfort of their homes with the AC on, it unintentionally makes sense to me. :lol:

This is quite alright. They finally did her justice here. Also Zoey seems to be a favorite for Elle, I mean how many covers has she shot for them now? I can't complain because I love her work, but seems strange.

ROSALÍA REWRITES THE POP MUSIC PLAYBOOK
Photographer:
Zoey Grossman
Stylist: Natasha Royt
Hair: Panos Papandrianos
Make-Up: Romy Soleimani
Model/Celebrity: Rosalía

elle.com

Please, let Alex do her job and create amazing stories.

I think this was shoot before Alex joining the magazine

So is this the Summer issue or the June/July issue?

Summer runs until August, while they're calling it June/July. Odd.

Or maybe they're using the seasons in fashion?

Summer - June/July?
Pre-Fall - August?

Even after Rosalia's cover appearance on Vogue Spain. I'm still none the wiser as to who she is and have yet to listen to her music. Yet I do understand Rosalia is a rising star and obviously warrants this cover. However, neither of these two covers do it for me. Meh.

Me likey!! Its not some try hard artsy zoomer cover, they actually have a model on the cover.

She looks great! I wish she wouldn't have opened her mouth so much, but other than that this looks stunning.

Got this in the mail today. 124 pages.

Review:

"Hollywood Redux"
P: Brad Torchia
S: Katie Mossman
featuring actors from Netflix show "Hollywood"

"A Study in Scarlet"
P: Carin Backoff
S: Rachael Wang
M: Hannah Ferguson

Plus: Kinfolk cofounder Katie Searle and Stacey Abrams.

So is this the Summer issue or the June/July issue?

Summer runs until August, while they're calling it June/July. Odd.

Or maybe they're using the seasons in fashion?

Summer - June/July?
Pre-Fall - August?

Hearst magazines are combining three months (June - August) into one "Summer Issue" due to Covid-19 making photoshoots all but impossible. It will hopefully be back to regularly scheduled programming by September.

Low in Print This Summer: Magazines

US Elle Summer 2020

A Study in Scarlet

Photographer: Carin Backoff
Stylist: Rachel Wang
Hair: Rubi Jones
Makeup: Morgane Martini
Manicure: Gina Edwards
Cast: Hannah Ferguson

US Elle Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread