US Glamour February 2017 : The Cast of Girls by Emma Summerton

the only thing positive about it is that they kept cellulite on a fashion mag cover...

Ugh, this is so bad and I feel like this cover is dated by putting them on the cover. Girls hasn't been a hot show since its second season and Lena Dunham.... I can't stand her so what so ever! NEXT!

I get it. But do they really have to do this sort of styling. The cover is horrendous. I wish more thoughts were put into it.

I get it. But do they really have to do this sort of styling. The cover is horrendous. I wish more thoughts were put into it.

Let's be honest, The styling is fine except for Lena. She ruins an otherwise serviceable Glamour cover. She'a vulgar and I have no idea how that is supposed to be empowering.

Considering there is literally nothing glamorous about Lena Dunham, this cover is both ridiculous and exhausting. And then put her in that outfit? No thank you.

She really is so over the hill. She belongs in 2016 and should stay there. I think people are tired of her and her instance on shoving herself down our throats and then telling us we're all sexist and misogynist if we don't find her attractive or talented. Her show and her antics have done nothing but normalize and empower slobby, dumpy, irresponsible and unintelligent behavior.

Your future. :doh:
b3lt0k.jpg

source dailymail.co.uk

When it comes to cellulite, a fashion magazine is supposed to be full of dreams and aspirations, not stuff I can see in the reflection of a mirror.

I can see it for free whenever I like, it's not an achievement, and it's certainly not on a par with the seven wonders of the world.

The one clear trend I'm seeing for 2017 is magazines handing out covers under the guise of 'inclusion', when what's really being celebrated is utter mediocrity, usually for the sake of social media coverage.

Cover opportunities haven't opened up for beauty and talent of the sort that's been typically discriminated against - the door has just been made wider for the same old sort of face - and now we're being forced to celebrate their shortcomings.

Maybe I'm intolerant, but I'd rather admire real achievements, and buy fashion magazines for a dose of beauty.

When it comes to cellulite, a fashion magazine is supposed to be full of dreams and aspirations, not stuff I can see in the reflection of a mirror.

I can see it for free whenever I like, it's not an achievement, and it's certainly not on a par with the seven wonders of the world.

The one clear trend I'm seeing for 2017 is magazines handing out covers under the guise of 'inclusion', when what's really being celebrated is utter mediocrity, usually for the sake of social media coverage.

Cover opportunities haven't opened up for beauty and talent of the sort that's been typically discriminated against - the door has just been made wider for the same old sort of face - and now we're being forced to celebrate their shortcomings.

Maybe I'm intolerant, but I'd rather admire real achievements, and buy fashion magazines for a dose of beauty.
Wonderful post.

I actually think, however, that 2017 will be a year in which this particular trend will begin to completely die out. I think people are craving real beauty and someone with something genuinely interesting to say - not the same old script of "inclusion," or whatever, which ultimately has panned out to be nothing more than shrill, vitriolic finger waving. I'm over people being rewarded for simply existing as if it's an achievement to be celebrated.

I don't think there's anything intolerant about feeling that way, tigerrouge. If it's intolerant of anything, it's of laziness and slovenliness, of which I am perfectly happy being against. LOL.

I think people are craving something truly elevated and unique and something that makes us dream. It's time to bring back discernment and a higher standard within the fashion industry, and I'd venture to say with all creative industries at large.

Lenas new rule is, if you want me on the cover, you have to agree to not 'retouch' me.

i like the fact they agreed to it.

awful styling.

disastrous and wtf is lena dunham's wearing there..she's so try hard

The styling is bad but I like the idea of this issue. And I also like to see th Girls on it, it's my favorite tv show at the moment.

I cannot believe Cindy went with this cover. Lena's atrocious styling and busted wig/hairstyle aside, the others still look like mugs! There's zero redeeming features here. They've even managed to ruin Alison, the most beautiful one of the group. And those Ziggy Stardust shoes?
There are cool and aspirational ways to style plus-size women, this isn't it. I will not take issue with the pose, because I was told she's just as 'bold' on Girls (don't watch it, I'm more a Broad City guy).

Sorry, but this is such an un-Glamour cover shot. They're usually about sleek refinement and their women normally looks well put together, all of a sudden they've bewildered us with all this tacky, brazen excess. I hate it when Summerton, who I love, goes commercial!

Really dislike everything about this cover. Let's pray for some redeeming shots in the story.

Cannot wait for the inevitable wave of stories following this cover praising it for being "brave" or whatever. -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"