US Glamour June/July 2018 : Anne Hathaway by Billy Kidd

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Miss Dalloway, May 28, 2018.

1. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Snapped by HandBagQueen

Attached Files:

2. caioherrero

caioherrero Active Member

Who styled this?

3. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

It looks like a zine, designed to appeal to people too young to remember zines.

4. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Much better than Melissa's cover, I like the styling. Can't get used to the art direction, but it's tolerable this time around.

5. A.D.C.

A.D.C. Well-Known Member

I feel like Mariah in the Honey Video.. No entiendo... No comprendo?!

#5 A.D.C., May 28, 2018
    Last edited by moderator : May 28, 2018
  6. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

Glamour? Hah! What a joke!

7. RanThe

RanThe Active Member

I don’t like the redesign at all! Anne looks okay. I mean she usually looks the same in all photoshoots.

So Glamour got Anne for Oceans 8. So I wonder who got Vogue to promote the movie. Probably Cate Blanchett

8. caioherrero

caioherrero Active Member

Rihanna...

9. jal718

jal718 Active Member

They have got to regret this re design

10. SLFC

SLFC Active Member

Somehow they managed to make the new redesign even worse than the previous ones that had the ridiculous text font.

11. moussemaker

moussemaker Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

source: dailymail.co.uk

12. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Stylists complain about Gucci fatigue, but what about LV? It's becoming increasingly challenging to make their designs look remotely interesting. That said, Anne looks really comfortable in these looks.

13. 333101

333101 Well-Known Member

It's actually a really nice cover shot, but it's all absolutely ruined by the cover design. It doesn't even look worthy of a mock-up! And I can't say I'm impressed by the styling from the editorial. Sick of the sight of those trainers

14. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

I love the 70s feel though it also feels a little pasty. I love the subs edition and editorial though

15. serendipity8777

serendipity8777 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Glamour June/July 2018 Digital Edition

16. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Oh rats! The main reason why I liked the cover initially was because of that warm beige tint, now I see it's just another white bordered cover! Thanks for getting me excited, HBQ & Miss Dalloway. :lol:

#16 Benn98, May 31, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Brandi06dance: May 31, 2018
  17. MON

MON Well-Known Member

I seriously detest this new art direction. I don't see this lasting very long. Imagine spending money for this mess that won't even last a year? Its so crowded. So does this mean that all Glamour covers will simply be headshots? Whoever thought that this layout deserves to see the light of day needs some serious soul searching.

The first photo in post #1 would have made a far more superior cover. And the new masthead really works there.

18. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Hahah, no but seriously!! Wtf is this redesign? Who are they trying to appeal to? It's just awful! :doh:

19. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

This issue is out on our side of the pond and I figured I need to give the Irish lass' new direction a try just to see what it's about. As with the previous Glamour, the model casting leaves me wondering whether the models are celebs/famous people or actual models. But the styling and photography look very interesting for Glamour. Even if it's like a slightly more fashion-forward Allure.

Anne's cover feature wasn't nearly as insufferable as I anticipated. Beyond the eternal 'yes, of course we need to talk about the pay gap, more diversity, more women's film' narrative, she comes across as really interesting. Natalie Dormer sounded way more earnest in her one-page feature, while plugging her new film. There's also a conversation between the staff of Glamour and GQ about men's reluctance to discuss #MeToo. Great idea, but since when does GQ represent the average staunchly heterosexual male? Esquire or Men's Fitness with its hyper-masculine fanbase would've been way more apt, but then they're under a different publishing group, I suppose. An in-depth investigation into why there's few women in the fashion industry highlights some uncomfortable truths, and they interviewed people from all levels which really offered a clear scope. What I did like was their way to combat the issue, instead of just weeping and wailing over the state of affairs.

So my takeaway? Great written content, and, for Glamour, passable fashion imagery. The fashion is purely there to provide a service. Nothing more. Apparently the Glamour women doesn't care for fantasy or excessive idealism. Barry seems to have a much stronger hand curating the written content. But some variety wouldn't hurt. A bit of banter and fluff here and there. It's just so heavy and serious. Literally sighed dramatically as I finished my issue down.

20. phungnam96

phungnam96 Active Member

Is Condé Nast going to chop this magazine soon? I do believe they're slowly killing it so when it's dead people won't get too upset...