US GQ August 2020: Patrick Mahomes by Pari Dukovic

dfl-001

Reaction score
Source: all from GQ.com

156xguKs_o.jpg

Jacket, $2,500, and pants, $1,200, by Gucci / Tank top, $78, by John Elliott / Watch, $36,000, by Omega / His own necklace and bracelet / Rings (from top), $3,900, $1,400, and $2,650, by Bulgari

NROJuVlD_o.jpg

gGS004FG_o.jpg

J88EERMh_o.jpg

There's nothing special about the cover nor the main ed.
They're usually creative with their new art direction, but this one
is different. A hard pass, if you ask me.

The fact that his hands are bigger than his head scares me.

Third cover is channeling Drake's "Nothing Was The Same" album

The rest is too basic, something you would find on a instagram account with 20k to 100k followers

I love how @dfl-001 is so shady to not only post the credits but also the price points, driving the point home that nothing we see on that cover actually warrants the retail prices. LOL.

I love how @dfl-001 is so shady to not only post the credits but also the price points, driving the point home that nothing we see on that cover actually warrants the retail prices. LOL.

crying. Will Welch chasing the clout once again!! The omega watch :rofl:

...The omega watch :rofl:

Not remotely on the radar of his newfound hypebeast readership btw, but Omega probably came through with the coins. But hey, let's not try to 'stop Will Welch's bag'. LOL.

LOL, You give me too much credit... :ninja:
Did you notice the necklace is his own? 15 in diamonds... Style!

US GQ August 2020

All the Right Moves

Photographer: Pari Dukovic
Stylist: Mobolaji Dawodu
Grooming: Kalen Hoyle
Cast: Patrick Mahomes

US GQ Digital Edition

US GQ August 2020

Quavo and Saweetie's Love Language

Photographer: Pari Dukovic
Stylist: Mobolaji Dawodu
Grooming: Christine Nelli
Hair: Ray Christopher
Makeup: David Velasquez
Cast: Quavo, Saweetie

US GQ Digital Edition

90 pages! They would have been better off doing a combined August/September issue really.
I'm struck at how pedestrian the cover image is. I don't think much of Will Welch's GQ, but he's got a visual identity. The type of visuals we see with Offset/Cardi B-lite's edit. The cover and edit looks generic. Also, you can tell Mobolaji was out of his comfort zone of dapper suits. The 'styling' is so painfully nondescript.

I hope this guy's following and popularity alone would be able to drive sales, not sure how popular he is. Because when you look at the dull cover, and I'm assuming a very thin spine, there's not much of an incentive.

90 pages! They would have been better off doing a combined August/September issue really.
I'm struck at how pedestrian the cover image is. I don't think much of Will Welch's GQ, but he's got a visual identity. The type of visuals we see with Offset/Cardi B-lite's edit. The cover and edit looks generic. Also, you can tell Mobolaji was out of his comfort zone of dapper suits. The 'styling' is so painfully nondescript.

I hope this guy's following and popularity alone would be able to drive sales, not sure how popular he is. Because when you look at the dull cover, and I'm assuming a very thin spine, there's not much of an incentive.

This makes me sad. I still don't think it's that hard to shoot a good cover, there is a great amount of good photographers to hire for this.... And the editorials inside are eyesores....

All US Magazine Editorial is garbage
LOL. Well, I don't know that it's all garbage. T Magazine does a good job and I think WSJ magazine it's also good.
Now that W is defunct, we are really left with just those two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->