US GQ May 2008 : Robert Downey Jr. by Terry Richardson

Moonchild

Reaction score
GQMAY-2008.jpg

THE MAN IN THE IRONY MASK

The jail time, the lousy movies, the sense that the only thing larger than Robert Downey Jr.’s talent is his appetite for self-destruction… Those days are gone. Behold the new RDJ, in the best shape of his (very hard-lived) life, throwing back algae shakes, developing the armor of a superhero, and yes, conquering demons.

I really like the cover, he looks quite handsome on it.

gq.com | ebay

Attachments

• GQmay-01.jpg
    GQmay-01.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 21
  • GQmay-02.jpg
    GQmay-02.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 25
  • GQmay-03.jpg
    GQmay-03.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 48
  • GQmay-04.jpg
    GQmay-04.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 26
  • GQmay-05.jpg
    GQmay-05.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 19
  • GQmay-06.jpg
    GQmay-06.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 22
  • GQmay-07.jpg
    GQmay-07.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 14
  • GQmay-08.jpg
    GQmay-08.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 20
okay cover. But I do not like the shot with him and the black mask.

Robert Downey Jr. is hot. These shots are not.

:(

OK this is brilliant, i am faar from being a Richardson fan :ninja: but this is one of those times when it worked, i love the cover but the spread is great.

I've never thought RDJ as a Hollywood heartthrob, but he looks hot on the cover...and I :heart: the ed, I think it is what Richardson does best. But that shot with him spitting is very very :yuk:

ETA: :furious:Where are the shirtless shots? This is the perfect time cuz he looks so incredibly buff in Iron Man.

Last edited by a moderator:
i like the ed, but i must admit i am a huge RDJ fan. My favorite is the one with the women's hands.

the cover is nice though the ed is bizzare! especially the spitting image....thats gross

OK this is brilliant, i am faar from being a Richardson fan :ninja: but this is one of those times when it worked, i love the cover but the spread is great.

i completely agree!!!!

and that cover is something else...i adore RDJ :heart:

I think the spread is great - Terry has a gift for bringing much needed humor and irreverence to the world of celebrity photography. Too often movie stars are in these glorified glamour shots in magazines - its nice to see something a bit different. Not every image works 100% for me but some of them are just pitch perfect. The picture where the girl is squeezing his mouth is absolutely amazing.

I really like all of this. I like RDJ with his hair like this--shorn, but of course I also like him with the curls.:P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->