US Harper’s Bazaar April 2019 : Alicia Vikander by Mariano Vivanco

I really don't like this cover. Not an attractive cover at all, I wouldn't stop to look at it. You can't really tell who it is instantly and her expression looks off. BAZAAR looks far too big compared to her head.

Well, this does not spark joy.

Atrocious! Which is pretty much the norm for the majority of Alicia Vikander's covers. I admire Glenda's ballsiness, but this girl has been shot by so many photographers and the result always ended up awful. Not sure why Harper's would prove any different.

HQ Newsstand & Subscribers Cover:

HARPERSBAZAAR.COM

If the best she's going to bring is 'boring schoolgirl' then this woman shouldn't be allowed on covers, because she's wasting everyone's time. Cardi B was better. Kim Kardashian was better.

And I'm getting tired of the 'athletic pose against a blue sky' that seems to be the default style for most of their lead shoots these days. I say this as someone who actually likes US Bazaar and buys it more often than not.

God, newsstand cover looks so dated! Like mid 00s.

Nobody would care if she wasn’t the real Alicia Vicander...

Model: Giacomo Cavalli
Fashion Editor: Miguel Enamorado
Hair: Joey George
Makeup: Gucci Westman
Manicure: Melissa Crosbie

harpersbazaar.com

Wait, is it still 2018? I know Glenda’s Bazaar is dated but did she really have to feature her instead of a plethora of other, more relevant celebrities?

God....why....not funny or interesting....this mag sells good? i wish they put Carine as EIC maybe not the best but at least not like this disaster....

Given the state of the 'global' editorials that she's produced for Bazaar, Carine as editor might have us clamouring for Glenda to come back... although I wonder whether Carine would reverse her recent views on editorship if someone were to offer her this one.

I'd take Carine and her obsession with the new guard over this mess any day. She should just get paired with a strong CD. Loathed everything she did with Gan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"