US Harper’s Bazaar December 2021/January 2022 : Hunter Schafer by John Edmonds

I like the colours.

Subscriber cover. Source harpersbazaar.com

A8D9E17F-1DCE-41C7-A4B0-13468A10C0D9.png

Reactions: KoV
I dig this. The treatment of the editorial layout and image sequence is good, it has a certain Testino/Meisel vibe to it. Like, when in 00s and early 10s each editorial image would show a totally different mise-en-scene, including the background, the pose. I hope this makes sense.

This is the most exciting cover so far under Samira's tenure. Hunter looks beautiful, and what really sets it apart, for me, is that they didn't go the obvious route with "Euphorbia makeup", instead they let her natural beauty take center stage.

Barbie, Hunter, and Zendaya have all had recent covers, I wonder if Alexa or Sydney or even Maude will show up on any covers soon....

I dig this. The treatment of the editorial layout and image sequence is good, it has a certain Testino/Meisel vibe to it. Like, when in 00s and early 10s each editorial image would show a totally different mise-en-scene, including the background, the pose. I hope this makes sense.

Didn't think of this on my own, but now that you say it, I agree. It looks more intentional, more cinematic, and more expensive, like they're telling a story, not merely playing dress-up. A stark contrast to the type of shoot we typically get.

I like the editorial more than the covers-still, it's a rare US mag I'll look forward to getting in the mail..

Samira finally knows how to saturate her covers. I love this!

Hunter my dear, finally! It was about time! I like the cover, but I love the editorial.

THE BOOK OF HUNTER
Photography:
John Edmonds
Styling: Stella Greenspan
Hair: Evanie Frausto
Make-up: Frankie Boyd
Model/Celebrity: Hunter Schafer

US Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

THE GREAT MASTER
Photography:
Lukas Wassmann
Styling: Marc Goehring
Hair: Daniele Falzone
Make-up: Tanja Friscic
Model & Designer: Lisa Han & Giorgio Armani

HAPPY PLACE
Photography:
Ben Toms
Styling: Agata Belcen
Hair: Kiyoko Odo
Make-up: Vassilis Theotokis
Model: Louise Robert

Neither cover is a very flattering shot of her.

I still don't know where Samira wants to take this magazine.

Maybe she's just like me.

Not only does it make sense, it is a most accurate, insightful assessment. As I opened the thread and started scrolling down, the first thing that came to mind was a name: Jessica Stam. By Meisel. For Franca. That thought is the highest compliment that can be paid to an editorial.

Holy trinities aside, I find Edmonds' treatment of the human body exquisite. The subject is known, understood, respected. These photographs are a visual ode to human anatomy.

it automatically reminded me of that Dorfman cover and it’s not really a good reminiscence IMO the editorial is also a bit blah so nothing really groundbreaking.

Amar Akway’s editorial on the other hand is absolutely stunning and I love it! best bit of this issue, no doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdaddy123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->