US Harper’s Bazaar February 2022 : Alana Haim by Josh Olins

I love Josh Olins! I hope he's more frequent in big magazines. The result was good, but in fact I'm going to say something I hate, her appearance is not the best...

I love Josh Olins! I hope he's more frequent in big magazines. The result was good, but in fact I'm going to say something I hate, her appearance is not the best...
I thought that after the British Vogue cover with Kate, he would become the next Mario Testino, but…

It's giving an end of summer feeling, very much like a lot of Haim's music. It's lovely, I'm sure it's going to look nice on the newsstand. I saw Hunter's cover from last month and it looked stunning.
I must say that if there's anything I appreciate about Samira's tenure it's the unpredictable and unique choice of cover subjects each month. It's refreshing. If only the quality of her content matched that energy... as cute as this is it looks like it would fit perfectly on the pages of Red UK. Nothing she does is on the level of Harper's Bazaar (which used to mean something, but I guess no more).

This is Anthony Mazzola’s Bazaar not Bazaar under Tilberis. Can you imagine being given the reins of an institution with the legacy of Bazaar and being so Ehhh about it?! That’s what I get each and every month from Samira.

US Bazaar round 1990, where the magazine felt flat, like all the air had gone out of it.

I get the feeling the content is supposed to be approachable and relatable, but most of it seems mundane - a spark is missing.

For me, the point of any Bazaar is to take the ordinary to a higher level, applying a sense of sophistication or a sharper focus.

Because I flick through each issue in passing, I can't recall whether they even bother to do anything interesting with their typography, another Bazaar tradition which might have gone into the waste bin.

Couldn't look more like UK Harper's if they tried. It's a beautiful shot that's suited to early spring, but maybe with her mouth closed would've been better. Quite frankly I've grown so weary of these 'statements'.

Wow. I love Josh Olin's work and he is a hottie (a plus) but he can do better than this...
I don't know, it's like as if this magazine's covers are just poison for photographers....
This is not good.

Those buttons are crazy....the only magazine who did this natural style with quite success was Porter....IDK why Bazaar wants to go on that route and wouldn't bother to use some of that team...

who is she btw?

Those buttons are crazy....the only magazine who did this natural style with quite success was Porter....IDK why Bazaar wants to go on that route and wouldn't bother to use some of that team...

who is she btw?
Alana has a band with her sisters, HAIM, and its debuting as a actress on the movie 'Licorice Pizza'

Much as I love HAIM...

in their own words:

"But I just couldn't take it, I tried hard not to fake it"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->