US Harper’s Bazaar November 2019 : Reese Witherspoon by Camilla Akrans

Headliner: Reese Witherspoon faces her fears...of having a weird nose.

PHOTOGRAPHS: CAMILLA AKRANS
FASHION EDITOR: PATRICK MACKIE
Hair: Lona Vigi
Makeup: Kelsey Deenihan
Manicure: Ashlie Johnson

harpersbazaar.com

Given that she's blonde, you just KNOW Bazaar would employ a red colour scheme before even seeing the actual cover shot. But that's the least flattering shot I've ever seen of her!

They really need to change their cover layout, ASAP! It's getting even more boring month by month.

Ugh sorry, but anything Reese is a sure hit for me. Although she looks ill, I can't with that smile. It's so commercial and I live! However, they should have changed the background color to let what she's wearing shine. Glenda you're selling clothes, not teeth.

The shot with the pink dress would have been PERFECT for a cover!

The subscribers cover is Disgusting. Goodness gracious. What on earth.

The shot with the white dress should have never seen the light of day.

They styled her like an old lady. Reese is so energetic and playful, but these clothes drag her down. I do really like the shot of her in the pink lace. That's the Reese we know and love!

The lighting is wrong in every single photo, how is this even possible? Were professionals employed for this shoot? And the styling is terrible; Reese certainly deserves better.

The main cover looks dreary for their daring issue. A hard pass.

Could they change their cover layout as soon as possible? It's like they're not trying anymore.

*Imagine how tired we are.

They have really gone mad with the amount of texts on their covers,

Jesus christ, the shoot "concept". Are you f*cking kidding me? This is literally middle school level of creativity. It seriously infuriates me that these people are paid huge money to come up with stuff life this. Embarrassing!

Always liked Reese Witherspoon, never minded seeing her on the covers of fashion magazines but this is dreadful (and just as to be expected from American Harper's Bazaar). The theme is naff and the execution is even worse, and it's even more insulting considering Camilla Akrans is the photographer! What has she reduced herself to?

I do, however, like the whole setup with the shot of Reese against the white backdrop, wearing the white one-shoulder Stella McCartney dress. A shot very similar (just without the mouse) would've made for a beautiful cover. The lighting, colours and sense of coldness is perfect for a November cover!

An absolute shame Glenda Bailey likes to favour brash newsstand covers... even though this right here isn't the worst I've seen from the magazine this year.

Ooohhh, it's our daring issue, let's put some creepy crawlies on our cover subject and call it a day! High fives all around! :rolleyes:

That mouse! My gosh, what were they thinking?!

Glenda is heaven's gift to Anna and Nina. Glenda set the bar so low for each month that any offering from the latter 2 is rendered passable

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->