US Harper's Bazaar April 2010 : Demi Moore by Mark Seliger

The ed is actually ok, at least they tried something different. The Giraffe shot where she is wearing AM is wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the giraffe shot is absolutely wonderful! A gem! That's what I like about Bazaar, it may have the most dreadful covers but when it comes to editorials, it always delivers.

Demi's edit is awful, the shot with the balloons is so tacky. In fact the whole spread is silly.
Although the shot with the Chanel dress is pretty decent, nice and soft colours. Thanks tarsha!

Bigger cover
demimooreharpersbazaara.jpg

justjared

The whole shoot reminds me of Jessica Simpson's in 2007, I think because of the balloon shot.
I have nothing against Demi but I really hate it. Her grin is so pathetic and the oversized props just look stupid. If you want a surreal image then you need surreal styling to go with it.

Could not have said it better!

You have to admit that she's still a fine, fine looking woman, I like the newsstand cover.

I'd love the third shot as a subs cover, but I guess it will be the second one...

Demi's photo spread is the single most half-@ssed surrealism-themed editorial I have seen in my life. I was originally going to use the term "surrealism-inspired" here, but really there is nothing inspired about this, only cheap and thoughtless repetition of long since worn out clichés.

Jeez, Demi's edit is pathetic. It's like they half-***ed everything about the shoot: the sets, the styling, the photography...everything. She is an attractive woman but they made her look so plain and awkward. I for one do not think that Bazaar's contents are worth the ugly covers.

I don't like Demi's ed. It looks ridiculous.

the idea of the ed is rather nice, but demi looks so insincere i still think the shots are a fail. that fake smile and those light-hearted expressions are really too much.

Though not Demi's biggest fan, I really do love the ed. So pretty, and a bit magical... happy. :smile:

Oh, where is my latest issue? Which is the subscriber's cover?

:heart:the editorial is really good, everything is perfect except for Demi, it's her facial expressions.. I feel like this would have been amazing with a better actress/model

it was so close:doh:

Oh, i think we should add Harper's in the thread title.
Not really anything important but still :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"